Congrats to our own Paul Adrian Villarreal!!!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
From http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=30580 :

Dutch progressive metallers SUN CAGED have announced the addition of singer Paul Adrian Villarreal to the group's ranks.

"Paul is currently residing in the USA in San Diego (California) but he will be moving to Europe soon," the band write on their web site. "He is a very talented singer and has a wide range of influences, amongst them are: Daniel Gildenl?PAIN OF SALVATION], Neal Morse and Russell Allen [SYMPHONY X] but also older blues rock singers like Paul Rodgers and Tommy Shaw.

"Paul impressed us with an MP3 he sent us earlier by singing 'Hollow' along with the CD, and when he came over to rehearse with us, he impressed even more by singing the complete album."

SUN CAGED are currently writing material for their sophomore album, tentatively due in late 2005/early 2006. The group's self-titled debut album was released last October through Finland's Lion Music. "Sun Caged" was mixed by AYREON/STAR ONE mastermind Arjen Anthony Lucassen.

Congratulations, Paul!!!! :headbang:

That is truly amazing! I wish I knew more about Sun Caged, but I suspect I'm right to say that if Arjen Lucassen associates with them, they must be pretty darned good. :)

Congrats!

I suspect I'm right to say that if Arjen Lucassen associates with them, they must be pretty darned good.

Amen to that. Whatever Arjen touches becomes gold.

I just read the review on The Metal Observer and Sun Caged looks like a band I'll definitely be checking out soon. Congrats to Paul! Look forward to hearing you on the new album!

Kronikle66 said:
I just read the review on The Metal Observer and Sun Caged looks like a band I'll definitely be checking out soon. Congrats to Paul! Look forward to hearing you on the new album!

check out Marcel's and Rob's solo stuff, too. amazing.

Sun Caged are amazing, and it's good to hear that they've finally got a full lineup together again. Congrats to them for finding Paul, and congrats to Paul for making it in the band.