Contemporary Old School Death Metal

Nec.... how does Nominon 'The True Face of Death' e.p compare to Recremation ?

Nec.... how does Nominon 'The True Face of Death' e.p compare to Recremation ?

I haven't heard it, but I was told that it's similar. I actually think their best material is on the Blaspheming The Dead 7", two tracks from which are on the Remnants Of A Diabolical History compilation.

great list man thanks a lot! However I was listening to vomination and they dont sound much like old-school death, I mean they have slam riffs and pig squeals!

Vomination and Karnarium are rather unorthodox. It's just really sinister and evil stuff, meant to convey that idea more than the music itself, and so yeah, I suppose it's not strictly old school in the purely musical sense, but it's certainly there in attitude.

The Dead Congregation is awesome. Based on your description i had to check them out first. The second track on the ep 'lucid curse' absolutely crushes. Looking foward to their full length. If i like them, what else do you think i should check out from your op?

Hmm...they really don't sound like anything else on the list. Maybe Necros Christos would be the least dissimilar.

Has Mandatory released there debut full-length yet 'In Torment' yet? Their official site and myspace seem to be a bit outdated in terms of recent news.

Why do people quote months-old posts just to say "why do people do this" as if the thing done was even relevant months later?

Cool Matt thanks...I love fucking Kaamos and Slugathor...trying to get a hold of Nominon now.

You need to hear more of the Demiurg...I feel like you'll greatly appreciate it.

I think Nominon-recremation might be the best newer death metal cd since albums released in the early 90's.