Continuous Recording

Dom Ostarig

Dec 17, 2007
Hi guy's, in around 9 hours by now i will be doing some serious continuous recording (around 50 minutes) that i obviously can't fail. And i need some tips... Do you know something about relationship about buffer number and gliches??? i never had these kind of problems before, but i need to consider that now. Time is running out. There's something else i must to know?

Thanks in advance guys!!!

sorry the english.

I've learned recently that having a single/solid clock/sync between all the devices makes a pretty fuckin big difference. My friend uses 2 audio devices to record into a Mac via Macs' aggregate device feature and if the bitrate, clock source, etc aren't all right, you get weird delays and glitches. I guess the more audio devices you have the more significant the effect. Just my guitarded experience...

done this a few times with 2 firepods, didn't have any issues, but I wasn't running anything that required setting up clocking out of the norm
Make sure you've got tons of free hard drive space though- some won't let the audio continue recoridng if its gonna go over the space you've got on your own main inernal drive. Bear that in mind

best advice.

Either do a backup on another laptop or on another type of recorder (flash, DAT, etc)

The better advice ever for that type of work.... but i can't do that today. To give you an idea, i will transport everything from my homestudio to a high school anphitheater, my computer, cables, LCD WS monitor.... and etc. So i haven't another record device. Yeah, i have another computer, but it's not even prepared for audio apps.

By the way, it's just four channel, but i'm still concerned about... i will use 256 buffer samples, like I use in my home recordings (thanks if6was9).... after that work, i swear i will buy a Laptop.

Might as well use 512 samples buffer dude, no reason not to!

Thanks dude, but again, i've more chances to get some glitches with less or more buffer size??? when we work with some latency amount, the delay is aways the same amound on milliseconds or it grows ???

2 hours and 36 minutes left....