Converge Clip (AD,SOLDANO VST)

not to bad, sounds like it would work well for thrash music, i'm not too much of an expert on guitar tone though. however you have some really weird stuff going on in the bass frequencies, perhaps bass guitar (if there is any) or the kick drum have the subsonic frequencies boosted too much.

Guitar sounds really boomy. Its obvious that you aren't using any sort of OD too, imo you can't play metal without having an OD unless your playng an extremely bright amp like an engl savage. Should give the tone more edge.

If you can fix the boominess that is killing all your guitar headroom it would makje the guitars more in your face, should be good them

let me be the first to say your screen name fucking owns haha.
read from hell? if you havent id highly recommend it. masonic conspiracy theories up the ass.

also, the guitars sound a bit thin, a bit scooped and a bit boomy. more mids, use TSS before the soldano sim (low drive, tone around 8-9, level as you like, maybe around 5) and up the bass and mids a bit on the amp sim

overall i dig the character of this recording though, sounds loads like the early converge stuff <3

the boomyness is obvisiously caused by the kick.. and the guitars need some major eqing ;) at least a general midboost (200 to 1000 hz? :p)

Thanks guys for your suggestions I appreciate it and I will take them all into consideration.

let me be the first to say your screen name fucking owns haha.
read from hell? if you havent id highly recommend it. masonic conspiracy theories up the ass.

also, the guitars sound a bit thin, a bit scooped and a bit boomy. more mids, use TSS before the soldano sim (low drive, tone around 8-9, level as you like, maybe around 5) and up the bass and mids a bit on the amp sim

overall i dig the character of this recording though, sounds loads like the early converge stuff <3

Thanks man haha... I haven't read From Hell, but it's been a while since I've read a good book so I might just have to take your word for it and check it out. I have TSS, I'll have to try it out when I find time to record more stuff. Im glad you like the character of the recording... It gives me hope :lol:

Thanks guys for your suggestions I appreciate it and I will take them all into consideration.

Thanks man haha... I haven't read From Hell, but it's been a while since I've read a good book so I might just have to take your word for it and check it out. I have TSS, I'll have to try it out when I find time to record more stuff. Im glad you like the character of the recording... It gives me hope :lol:

definately man
sounds just like the old converge stuff
total nostalgia trip

and snap it up imediately dude, its written by alan moore (who also penned watchmen) and its an absolute work of genius. delves right into masonic rituals, conspiracies, social commentary.. blah blah. all done with absolutely perfect writing and the most fucked up, scratchy art ive ever seen
so good