Cookie Monster Poll

Who sounds more like the Cookie Monster?

• The Average Death Metal Vocalist?

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Gene Simmons?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

smylex

New Metal Member
Aug 1, 2002
I've been thinking about this for awhile and this came up last night when I was responding to another message board. I've often heard people complain that the singers (You call that singing?!) of Death Metal bands sound like the Cookie Monster.

For those of us who have heard the Cookie Monster sing, take this poll:

I guess Gene would be the original cookie (i.e. - Dr. Love), but I think the cookie monster vocal thing refers to mainly growls and other non-singing noises used by frontmen (I refuse to call them singers). At least you could make out what Gene was trying to sing at his CM most. :eek:

ROTLD said:
I guess Gene would be the original cookie (i.e. - Dr. Love), but I think the cookie monster vocal thing refers to mainly growls and other non-singing noises used by frontmen (I refuse to call them singers). At least you could make out what Gene was trying to sing at his CM most. !:eek:

Yeah, you can also understand Frank Oz's Cookie Monster. Most Death Metal vocalists are unintelligible.

Think about it this way:

Cookie Monster singing "'C' is for Cookie"

Gene Simmons singing "Got Love For Sale" or "Almost Human"

Any Death Metal vocalist growling lyrics

One of these things is not like the other.

Grover was always my favorite...he growled too but was much cuter...I have a little grover beanie baby that sits on my make up table...too cute. I think I used to have the furry puppet when I was little. Frank Oz...gotta love him...especially his role in TRADING PLACES when he says "La Boehm" an Opera.

C-O-O-K-I-E VOCALIST!!!
mecookiemonster.jpg

Hey I have met the cookie monster and his voice is much better than most death metal singers. ( I really have been on the set of Sesame Street and they are great deal of fun to hang out with).