cool covers

needled24/7

Apr 3, 2003
england
Visit site
following a thred i posted on befor, i brought up the idea of a few songs that would be interisting to hear children of bodom cover. i was thinking along the lines of songs like
my dying bride- cry of mankind
pantera- hollow
i think it would be good to hear alexis singing voice so why dont you uys come up with some ideas for some songs that would be interisting to hear children of bodom cover.

i have always said that hollow was better than cemetery gates but no one agrees with me. not that cemetery gates is crap or anything. hearing children of bodom cover it would be good because we could hear if alexi has a good vocal range and it could even open up new musical opptions for themself.

child_of_bodom666 said:
but I think Philips' vocals are hard to be singing by Alexi...because I think Alexi don't have that kinda range of vocal...

You'd be surprised............

so does anyone have any ideas of interisting covers that children of bodom could do. and to needled i was trying for about an hour to find a name that no one had. so when you find one your gonna take it arnt you. your quite obveously one of thse sad people who get worked up when people wair the same clothes or like the same bands as you arnt you.

.Cry Of Mankind has been covered by Undying... But it's not like that makes much a difference, it would be fucking awesome anyway. I want to hear some more Maiden covers... But to move to something totally new... It would be so fucking awesome to hear them cover a song by Symphony X or Blind Guardian or something. They would whip the orignial's ass, and that's rare.

a master cover would be ok. i was origionaly thinking along the lines of more underground stuff for them to cover. i wanted to see them do hollow because i would like to see alexis full vocal range.

needled24/7 said:
following a thred i posted on befor, i brought up the idea of a few songs that would be interisting to hear children of bodom cover. i was thinking along the lines of songs like
my dying bride- cry of mankind
pantera- hollow
i think it would be good to hear alexis singing voice so why dont you uys come up with some ideas for some songs that would be interisting to hear children of bodom cover.

Heheh, My Dying Bride are my favorite band, so I don't think, CoB could make the song any better ;) I couldn't even imagine, what Children of Bodom - The Cry of Mankind would sound like, 'coz these bands sound so different... would be interesting to hear what the cover would sound like, though!

If you want some underground suggestions, I suggest CoB cover Darkside - Hear Evil, Speak Evil, Do Evil.... no-one seems to know Darkside, they must be very underground :loco:

needled24/7 said:
a master cover would be ok. i was origionaly thinking along the lines of more underground stuff for them to cover. i wanted to see them do hollow because i would like to see alexis full vocal range.

First of all, I would never want to hear CoB cover Metallica. I do like Metallica (especially the older production) but since every fucking band seems to start their practising with Metallica covers, I have started to hate cover versions of Metallica songs.

And, my second point: Why would CoB cover some underground stuff? That's bullshit. I mean, I myself would only like to cover songs that have like a bit greater meaning to me, like "This song is very legendary and it was the song that I first listened when my mother died. I'll make a cover of it." Not just like "Hey, I just heard a underground song that had a cool guitar riff. I'll make a cover of it."

And, at least to me, no underground song could be legendary enough to be made a cover. Sorry, but that's just how it is. No hard feelings.