cool story

saxonfan

Oct 10, 2002
CHICAGO,IL,U.S.A.
Visit site
I was just thinking of a friend of mine,Jeff Martin (R.I.P.)He and I followed Saxon around the U.S. on the Killing Ground tour.He flew into Dallas at 1pm to catch 2 shows in Texas,how ironic is that.He showed me his boarding pass,I couldn't believe it myself.Just thought I'd share that story.

I take it this is the same Jeff Martin, Saxonfan? A tragic loss, RIP Jeff.

Taken from Saxon official site (Saxon and You gallery section):-

Jeff Martin Remembered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was the last email I received from Jeff asking to be put in touch with SAXON as he saw them on several dates on the recent Heavy Metal Thunder tour.

I am a Huge Saxon fan and travelled within the US last April and saw six of the ten shows (Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston)

I'm sure the guys...Biff, Paul, Doug, Nibs, and especially Fritz...will remember me...I was in the front every night and took plenty of pictures...here is my picture as well.

In November 2001 I also travelled from the United States and saw Saxon in Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Wuzburg, Vienna, and Munich.

Thanks for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to seeing these shows!

Best regards,
Jeff Martin

Well, Jeff made it to the shows in Europe, however, in keeping with his love for Rock Music he attended the Great White show in Rhode Island, USA, and unfortunately lost his life during the tragic accident which has widely been reported. Thanks for all your support over the years Jeff - WE WILL REMEMBER..................

SAXON