COREY TAYLOR On ROBIN WILLIAMS: 'He Was One Of My Original Comic Heroes'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor says that he was "heartbroken" when he found out that Robin Williams had died, calling the Oscar-winning actor and comedian "one of my original comic heroes." Williams' body was discovered on August 11 by an assistant in a bedroom at the actor's California home. The coroner stated that Williams committed suicide by hanging. He was 63 years old. "When Robin Williams died, I was so… I was so heartbroken," Taylor told Mistress Carrie of the Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts radio station WAAF. "Because he was one of my original comic heroes. I still have a VHS tape somewhere of one of his first specials that was on in '82, by the way, on HBO. It was [filmed] in San Francisco, which was his hometown. And it was so frenetic, and so funny, and half of it was made up. He would just run into the audience and just do all this improv stuff, and I'm, like, 'How is he doing this?' It looked like a magic act sometimes. But he was so funny. And I've talked to people who knew him, who are just devastated by it. Because not only was he just such a great talent, but he was such a great person. And when we lose people like that, it breaks my heart; it really, really does. 'Cause it just seems like there's not enough good people in the world anymore." In addition to actors, filmmakers and executives in Hollywood, rock musicians ranging from Ozzy Osbourne to Flea to Nikki Sixx posted their reactions to Williams' death on Twitter.

More...