Corey's Rainbow in the Dark

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
It's from that Dio tribute album. I think the whole album is pretty cool but I love this version by Corey. I hate Slipknot and only like one Stone Sour album but the dude has a great voice. He should sing more melodic rock. His voice is perfect for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good cover. I was pleasantly surprised. That entire disk is solid.

And while the debate can continue on forever.....does anyone else agree that Rainbow in the Dark is Dio's single greatest song? I know, how does you pick just one.

Good cover. I was pleasantly surprised. That entire disk is solid.

And while the debate can continue on forever.....does anyone else agree that Rainbow in the Dark is Dio's single greatest song? I know, how does you pick just one.

Adrenaline Mob's version of The Mob Rules is my personal favorite from SUAS. It's hard to pick one, but I'll go with two: Heaven and Hell, and Children of the Sea.

But he was so consistent through TLIL (my favorite Dio disc) that it's hard to pick just one, but to me H&H is arguably his finest work, though I know I've listened to TLIL more times.

I seem to remember reading somewhere Dio didn't even like Rainbow in the Dark, and wanted to scrap from the album, but the band talked him into keeping it on the disc.

From the Dio band, I think "Don't Talk To Strangers" was one of his strongest tracks. But over all, I'd say his best songs were from his Rainbow days, with "Stargazer" and "Gates Of Babylon" being the pinnacle of Dio. It is tough to choose....the man wrote/co-wrote so many outstanding metal/hard rock songs.

Rainbow in the Dark is a decent song, and it was obviously catchy enough to be a big hit for him. I think my favorite tracks of his are probably from the Rainbow era, but I really love his Black Sabbath stuff as well.

I can't believe I'm complimenting anything involving Corey Taylor, but this is actually a well-done cover.

Urban, we are actually in agreement when it comes to Dio. "Strange Highways" is such an underrated album as a whole. The title track alone is chilling, and songs like "Here's To You," "Give Her The Gun," and "One Foot In The Grave" are among the best songs he's ever written.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I was actually pretty disappointed with this latest DIO tribute CD... I just don't think the performances are all that good... this is coming from a lifelong DIO fan, he's one of my all time favorites!!!

I think the greatest DIO cover of all time has to be Blind Guardian doing "Don't Talk To Strangers"...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually pretty disappointed with this latest DIO tribute CD... I just don't think the performances are all that good... this is coming from a lifelong DIO fan, he's one of my all time favorites!!!

I think the greatest DIO cover of all time has to be Blind Guardian doing "Don't Talk To Strangers"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_fyLf82kI

Hansi just KILLS on that song! With all due respect, I like BGs version better than the original!

No doubt, I would put Strange Highways alongside Dream Evil as Dio's best albums from start to finish.

Damn, I'm really surprised by all that love for Strange Highways. I really enjoy this album, not as much as the first 4, but I thought it was excellent. But most of the times, I hear bad comments about all 90s and 2000s Dio stuff. The only bad album IMO was Angry Machines. SH, Killing The Dragon and Magica are excellent for me, and Master Of The Moon has also some very good songs.