Coroner: listen to them, now!

Thraxz

Melody be Thy Name
Aug 27, 2004
Las Vegas
I've recently decided that my thrash collection sucks nads. After looking around a bit (at recommendations), I've found a few really awesome bands. My newest purchase has been Coroner - Punishment for Decadence and, holy crap, it's been kicking my ass! I normally wouldn't mention such a common band on these forums but, THEY KICK TOO MUCH ASS NOT TO POST ABOUT!

Anyways, as for this album it makes me wonder how a genre as awesome as thrash fell out of the limelight in favor of crap like Nirvana. I have to compliment the band on being able to write music with as much constant speed as they do and still manage to make it meaningful unlike other bands that do similar things and just muddle it up into something ugly (a good portion of death bands).

My only complaint is that the production quality was typical 80's shite. The good and bad news is that if I play it through my car stereo the production leaps out as awful but if I take inside to my computer, the sound card and piss poor speakers make it sound just as good as anything else out there.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=5725920&style=music&cart=318584620&BAB=E

http://www.designvortex.com/coroner/

Everyone knows and loves Coroner. It's not our fault you don't know fuck shit about Thrash and it's awesomeness.

Coroner were, indeed, the shit. They may have been the only good thing to have sprung from Celtic Frost apart from Morbid Tales/ Emperors return...

werent there rumors going around about coroner getting back togeather? or did that actually happen? I dont remember if it was a full blown return or a reunion thing for a few live shows like Atheist is doing right now or what, but im pretty sure I heard something about that.

Coroner is one of my favourite thrash metal bands..although my favourite album is their less thrashy one ("Grin" that is)..but i love all their albums, except the first one, i just like it.
That VHS they released some time ago, is freaking amazing..can't remember it's name. And the videoclip of "Last Entertainment" is sick

Punishment For The Decadant is one hell of an album. .. and the guitar solos WOW.

I'm listening to that album now. :kickass: It's been far too long since the last listen.

Been planning on getting them for a while now. Still haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll have to bump them up in my priorities.

Amazing band!! I envy you so much for just getting into them, now you can collect all their albums and be blown away for months.:worship: No, band has done that for me for a long time.
Make sure to pick up RIP as it is the closest to Punishment. THen get No More Color and Mental Vortex. May as well pick up Grin too to satisfy curiosity but you may be very dissapointed....some people worship it, some people despise it.