bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
Here, we have:

America West Arena
Bank One Ballpark
Dodge Theater
Whatever the Cardinals stadium is going to be...probably Bidwell Rules the World or something like that :puke:

...And now that I started this thread I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there's more. Bidwell prevents brain usage. Shit.

Anyway, what are some retarded corporate names where YOU live??

Nope, the best one EVER is (drum roll please) "The Dunkin' Donuts Center" in Providence, RI. Thankfully the Browns, Indians, and Cavs all refused corporate names for their venues in Cleveland (Browns Stadium, Jacobs Field, and Gund Arena) in Columbus we have the Nationwide Arena, which isn't too horrible since they built it (for the most part) but what is horrid is the "Schottenstein Center and Value City Arena."

LMFAO @ Dunkin Donuts Center

I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face buying tickets for anything there. I haven't heard of that one. Personally, I think the Dodge Theater is a stupid ass name. What's next, Nissan Pavillion? Saturn Arena?

I wasn't going for the best ever, just what you guys know of. (Dunkin Donuts DOES get the best ever though). I have a hard time with the Continental Airlines Arena and the Staples Center. Pepsi Center doesn't thrill me, but it's better than most. Isn't there a Sprint something somewhere too??

We also have a Wells Fargo Arena that ASU basketball plays in.

Ozzfest comes every year here at Nissan Pavillion. I went once only to see LOA. I can't stand outdoor pavillions. I wasn't too thrilled about Anthrax coming with Motley and Megadeth to the Nissan Pavillion. Thankfully, Anthrax never made it that far into the tour. The place is like an amusement park. All candy land like. And you can't get into the pit unless you have connections or won the tickets on the radio or something. Security is butt tight.

Ah, I never thought of those. It would be cooler if it were Cricket lighters, 'cause everyone knows they are second rate. At least in Columbus I can go to the Value City Arena! I wish they would build an adjoining "Big Lots Dome" since it is all the same company...

I saw Megadeth/slayer/ozzy/pantera at some New Years show a couple of years ago at the BOB. It was cool to be out on the same field where a World Series would be won. the sounds was horrible. Megadeth stunk it up, couldn't hear a thing Tom Araya was screaming and the highlight of the evening was seeing Scott Ian come onstage and play a song with Pantera.

We have STAPLES Center (yes, the official name is capitalized) in LA, and the University of San Diego just built the Jenny Craig Pavilion on campus. Oh, and San Diego State has Cox Arena. I'd think that would be more appropriate up in Frisco, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Coop

What about Riverfront Coliseum? It has been the Crown, and now it is Firstar Center, and wasn't it something in between being the Crown and Firstar?? To me it was always the "treehouse." The place that will live in infamy after that Who incident. I saw a Pantera concert there that turned into a near riot, and saw the KISS Reunion there. Wait, I'm getting all sentimental, they aren't tearing it down anyway, they just gave it a gay name.

Do you think it is a bit silly for two NBA teams to share the same venue?? It is bad enough that the Jets and Giants share the same stadium, but atleast you can just schedule them home one week away one week. I'm a Laker fan so I'm biased, but if I were a fan of either team (lakers or clippers) I'd be pissed to think we share the same gym. It seems to me that the Clippers would have been better off to move into Arrowhead Pond. Just my two cents.

TD, Anaheim made Donald Sterling (the Clips owner) a hell of a deal to move down to Anaheim, but he refused. He's an "LA guy" and didn't want to move the team to Anaheim simply because he didn't want to make the drive (all 40 minutes of it) down to Anaheim for games. In his defense, the Clippers have sold out a shitload of games this year. It's funny though. If you go to Staples you'd never know the Clippers played there. You can see all the Laker championship banners and retired jerseys, and the Kings retired jerseys and their whopping two title banners (division and conference champions). Nothing Clippers though. During Clipper games they have the "LAC" logo shined by a light against a wall. That's pretty much it. It would have been a logistical nightmare if the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all would have been in the playoffs at the same time coupled with the start of Arena Football season. Looks like the Clips aren't gonna make it though.

Coop