COURTNEY LOVE Says KURT COBAIN Biopic Will Start Shooting Next Year

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Courtney Love recently revealed that a biopic on her late husband, Kurt Cobain, will go into production next year. No one has landed the lead role but Love has a few ideas on who could capture the essence of the former NIRVANA frontman. She told Inquirer Entertainment, "The biopic should start within the next year or so… I won't name names because I don't want to jinx it for anyone but these are 25-year-olds who are blonde, gorgeous and the new Brad Pitts. There's a ton of those. Some are really good actors, not just pretty faces. I don't want to be the person who makes that decision." Love also shared who would be involved with the film. She explained, "I do have a say in it. So do [Kurt and Courtney's daughter] Frances, and [former NIRVANA members] Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, for that matter, if it touches on NIRVANA… and it will. I am leading the charge because it's timely to do this." Love is also interested in doing a documentary and a stage play on Cobain's life. NIRVANA was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on April 10 — five days after the 20th anniversary of Cobain's death — alongside KISS and others.

More...