Covers and copyright

CoBFan

New Metal Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hello to all .

I am a big fan of metal bands and in particular the Children of bodom.I am also a fan of games, and it so happened that a lot of video from there was accumulated.

Many people know that in similar videos often music of their favorite artists. I understand perfectly well that using music in similar videos is a violation of copyright.

I would like to know if copyright infringement is the use of similar videos on well-known sites (for example, youtube)for example , 8 bit covers without monetizing the video? The purpose of these videos is to draw attention of big people to my favorite heavy metal bands and games. This is normal, if you specify the name of the song in such videos, give a link to the official website and the copyright holder?

Thanks for the tips and advice in advance.
Best regards fan Children of Bodom.

AFAIK it's allowed to upload covers and 8-bit stuff as long as you don't make money from them. AFAIK it's technically not allowed to upload the original songs, even if you don't make money of them, but these are often ignored, and usually just deleted if not completely ignored. Making money with songs you haven't made yourself will probably get you in court.

AFAIK it's allowed to upload covers and 8-bit stuff as long as you don't make money from them. AFAIK it's technically not allowed to upload the original songs, even if you don't make money of them, but these are often ignored, and usually just deleted if not completely ignored. Making money with songs you haven't made yourself will probably get you in court.
Thank you .No,
I was not going to use original songs .Only covers.