CRADLE OF FILTH: 'Gospel Of Filth' Book

Sadguru

In my dream...
Jan 11, 2004
Canada, Québec
"The Gospel of Filth: A Black Metal Bible" is the title of a new book currently being written by music journalist Gavin Baddeley with the help of CRADLE OF FILTH frontman Dani Filth.

The novel includes popular myths about the group and each chapter is loosely based around one of the metal outfit's nine albums.

Commented Dani, "It's going to be a coffee table book, the sort of thing you can just flick through.

"Gavin's really well-versed in the occult and black metal and everything. I've read the first part and it's excellent.

"The opening's about the rise of the evil British Empire. It references why Hollywood always places a quintessential English gentleman in the role of the bad guy — people like Alan Rickman."

"The Gospel of Filth: A Black Metal Bible" (view cover here) official book description reads as follows:

"The members of CRADLE OF FILTH are the titans of black metal underground. Now Dani Filth and Gavin Baddeley lay bare the fascinating underworld of contemporary culture.

"Dissecting the Satanic sources that have influenced and informed CRADLE OF FILTH, with a roadmap to every significant landmark in the domains of darkness, including the arcane secrets of Black Magic, via the sex rites of vampirism. Artfully combining Hammer horror style schlock, dripping with eroticism, backed by authentic Black Arts info and a wicked sense of humor, this will dazzle devoted disciples of darkness. Contributors include actor Christopher Lee and Satanist Anton LaVey, to serial killer expert Robert Ressler and necrophile Karen Greenlee.

"About the Author: Gavin Baddeley is an ordained Reverend in the Church of Satan, and an experienced journalist who has worked for The Observer and Metal Hammer. He is the occult authority for the BBC and Channel 4, has addressed Cambridge, and has been profiled in The Independent and The London Evening Standard. His previous three books received wide acclaim.

"Dani Filth, singer and lyricist of CRADLE OF FILTH, is an outspoken figure in the rock world. In addition to numerous TV and journalistic features, he has also starred in the cult British horror film 'Cradle of Fear'.

"Note: There will be a very special edition of the book, leather bound and with a 'bonus' to be announced that will only be available via [CRADLE OF FILTH's official] website."

babblermouth.net

:err: :err:

Are they serious??

My eyes suddenly feel like ripping out of my skull and being flushed down the toilet.

Blabbermouth is owned by Roadrunner, Roadrunner owns CoF's souls. Roadrunner is serious; Serious about making cash. I bet they're in league with Hot Topic and Bill Gates as well.

MajestikMøøse said:
Blabbermouth is owned by Roadrunner, Roadrunner owns CoF's souls. Roadrunner is serious; Serious about making cash. I bet they're in league with Hot Topic and Bill Gates as well.

Yeah but still, how can anyone take this thing seriously?

I mean, I can appreciate some CoF and I do regognize that it's an important band in underground music but titans of black metal underground??? WTF?

Cradle of Filth should be in the single-edged razorblade market, they'd make a killing and do some good for the global community while doing so

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
Cradle of Filth fans don't realize what a joke they and their band are.

They don't realize much at all, truth be told.

i'm pretty sure cradle of filth knows what a joke they are. half the lyrics are puns for fuck's sake.