Creasionism museum opens in US

Jaen said:
"The Creation Museum is an outreach of Answers in Genesis, a non-profit ministry located near the Cincinnati International Airport, in northern Kentucky, USA. This 50,000 square foot facility will proclaim to the world that the Bible is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice and in every area it touches on. Scheduled to open in 2007, this “walk through history” museum will be a wonderful alternative to the evolutionary natural history museums that are turning countless minds against the gospel of Christ and the authority of the Scripture."

that not only is bullshit, its arrogant bullshit.

I am about to drive by the musuem in an hour. Perhaps I'll stop in and have a good hearty chuckle.

Religion: Based on Faith. Add to this cirriculum any idea that you believe.
Science: Based on scientific method. Add to this cirriculum any idea put through the rigors of said scientific method.
By definition: Darwinism can be a religion; Creationism can not be a science. Let both build churches and be worshiped, if so inclined; let only the aforementioned be taught in school until such time as the latter meets the criteria of science.

/Simple

Cythraul said:
You forgot to include explanatory power and falsifiability ( although the latter doesn't necessarily pertain to the notion of scientific fact, but more to testability).

edit: hold on! Are you one of those goddamn Kuhnians?

i wouldn't call myself kuhnian, but i think he puts scientific understanding in a far more realistic light than most.

It's too bad in my opinion that people can freely spread misinformation to others who may take it as fact, but the fact is they're within their rights to do so. I can only hope people who visit this 'museum' will take what they see there with a grain of salt.

I'm all for free speech, if advocates of "intelligent design" want to open a museum, let them. There are all kinds of museums. But when it comes to teaching intelligent design as science, I am against it. Not only is intelligent design another form of creationism, but if put to the scientific method, the furthest it goes is observation and hypothesis. I wouldn't mind if it was taught in a philosophy course or theology, but religious agendas have no place in science.