Criticize this mix

Okay so excuse the double post but it turns out that since I have Cubase 4LE (the crappy version) I can only have 49 tracks. What you're hearing consists of 49 tracks, and it's lacking the bass and the vocals.
I am in a pickle and I don't know what to do!
Would anyone recommend bouncing this down, and going into another Cubase session simply for the bass and vocals?

(I realize now I need to upgrade to Cubase 6 haha)

That timpani is super loud, that's for true. Also kick drum and toms are pretty overpowering (sounds very ez dfh too, ugh), actually the drums overall are kind of pumping. Seems to be a lot of lows overall in this mix because it's very muddy, more hi-passing and even low mid cutting if necessary. I don't suggest bouncing everything because you'll probably have to do a lot to get the bass and vocals to sit properly. I can't imagine all 49 tracks being used all the time. Perhaps put the bass in the same track as some other instrument that doesn't play when the bass is, and automate FX bypass, at least you can do that in Reaper (but then again you can have over 300 tracks in reaper so that wouldn't be necessary). Pretty interesting material though, but did you REALLY have to put a breakdown in it?:yuk:

Everything, it's hard to tell really because the low end is just really messy. The kick would be a good place to start though, and make it pump less. Use more hi-pass filters and low mid cuts etc, it's going to be hard for you to mix unless you reference the low end of some professional mixes. I haven't used BOSE speakers, but it looks like they're some entertainment system kind of deal probably with a lot of low end and scooped mids to sound teh br00tz?

I think the snare needs low end it's got a cool pop but to me its kinda missing something., the track overall needs less bass, and i agree with ascendant the low mids need work they are muddying things up. try cutting between 700-800hz on the guitars.

I found that the left guitar is louder than the right one when I hear your mix on headphone, am I right?

Guitars are equal, just checked.
The low mids on guitars were peaked at 800hz. Ouch. Fixed that up. Now they're at 1100.
Funny thing is I've yet to record bass for this song.
Aaand I'm still struggling with the lack of space for more tracks. Almost every track has something on it for its' specific instrument.
Grrr.
Here's where the mix is at - at this very moment. (unmastered)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13291790/Ape Grade 411.wav

I can't imagine how this sort of mix is using up 49 tracks.

I hear a lot of what it sounds like are edits that are very obvious and stuff cutting in and out. Not sure what's going on there (and I'm not talking about the guitar parts where it stops playing then comes back in, haha).

Snare sounds very pingy, and overall really weak.

Ah, the edits, yes. You see, I have a problem with my computer and Cubase. Whenever I try to process the fade ins and fade outs, it crashes. And I need to save the file, close out Cubase, open it again and open the new file to find my fade in and fade out applied to the track. It works that way, but it'll take hours upon hours of non-stop closing and opening and loading Cubase to the point where I'll have like 70 versions of the same song. I don't know why, but I always run into obnoxious redundant problems like these. And of course Cubase 6 is only for Windows 7 and not Vista -_-

I beefed up the low end (150 to like 300hz) on the snare so I'm surprised it still sounds like that.