Croatian metal scene

Asmodeus

The Demon of Secrets
Dec 13, 2002
Necropolis
Visit site
Well, I have to say that I'm really sorry that Croatian metal scene is not that strong as the rest of the European metal scene.
There are few bands that have the potencial to do something, and You probably haven't heard for none of them...

UNDERCODE
ASHES YOU LEAVE
DRINKING SKULL
FORLORN LEGACY
ARTFUL VANITY
INCITER
BAD BLOOD
IMPERIUM
SACRED SERENITY
KEOPS
ANESTHESIA
HARD TIME
VEGA
DEAF AUDITORIUM
PHANTASMAGORIA
SUFFER

Well, some day, those bands may achieve something, but when You're coming from the country such as Croatia, Your potencial is really not that important...
It's like no one really want's to hear about Croatian metal bands...or it's just my personal opinion, so if You can find some of those bands, check them out, they're not all that bad :):):)

i like what i've heard from Croatia. i'm sure i've heard Imperium and Deaf Auditorium. a couple of others you mentioned sound familiar, too. I'm pretty sure i've heard Ashes You Leave.

i remember checking this stuff out through an austrian site. blackmetal.at was it? are there any sites dedicated to the croatian scene?

Omnimors are good, too.

Ashes You Leave just played here in December.
But i have to admint... beside them I don`t know any Croatian band.

ps: oh, i almost forgot about Sacred Serenity;) but I only heard one song.

I have a friend from Croatia, but he listens to rap. I was always curious if there are any good metal bands from Croatia, but I couldn't really ask him since he moved away years ago and is also clueless about metal. I'll have to check out the links and listen to some of those bands you mentioned. Thanks. :)

Yeah,I agree with Asmodeus that the potential isn't THAT important if you come from country such as Croatia.But,do be honest, we(croatians) don't invest much in our metal scene. Just look at the tourdates of any foregin band and you'll notice that there isn't Croatia on sight. Reason why? We're not so popular to metal bands and they just ingnore us. That isn't fair. I pretty sure that there is a large number of metalheads in Croatia( and in whole Balkan as well) to be shown to the rest of the world!!

Well,allthough we (croatians) have preety good metal bands we need a good promotion to show that there are so many metalheads in this country and region sa well! Just look at the tourlist of same band and you'll no croatia in there!And that's a shame! :mad:

I know one Croatian band, Bambi Molesters, never heard them but a guy that posts on another bb remembers to boast about them every now and then.

It works for me. It doesn't seem to have been updated for a while, though.

Hey Croats, doesn't this seem like a good, inexpensive, and quick place to help spread the word about your scene? So what's been goin' on? Any new albums or shows you want to talk about? Any news on the locations for the concerts? Any priests been bitchin' about metal's influence?

In short... what's up bitches? How you rockin'?

H.O.G.A.R. band from Makrska. On concerts plays almost only their own music. Frontman, Filip (17 years old) writes both lyrics and music. Unfortunately demo songs on their site are old and technically bad so you can't get right impression of their quality.

www.hogar-band.tk

silvera said:
H.O.G.A.R. band from Makrska. On concerts plays almost only their own music. Frontman, Filip (17 years old) writes both lyrics and music. Unfortunately demo songs on their site are old and technically bad so you can't get right impression of their quality.

www.hogar-band.tk

This is a very interesting site. I wish I could read it. I hope that this is a sign of things to come for Croatian metal as it's a well made site with what appears to be quite an active forum. I hope that this is a sign that kids are getting into metal and the internet. Also, that a 17 year old is writing the is a very hopeful sign that this new generation will be very enthusiastic about music. It would be cool if there was a more extensive links list, but this band seems to have a very local devotion. What kind of lyrics do they have? i.e. what's their message?

Good post Paul; good on ya for your interest. What do you like most about Ashes You Leave?

H.O.G.A.R made theirs first demo "Prašina" (=dust). Nine songs.
My english isn't good, but I am going to try to translate refrains.

1. Svitanje (=dawning ) ref.
...Only one tiny peace of sky is what I am looking for
in order that everything else could have sense
I am loosing my mind, can see nothing
I wake up in fear if this life is only dream
What I see in you
is my hell and my heaven...
2. Prašina (=dust) (the most popular)
...And this dust on my hends is not magic
(to make me free from suffering...)
It is a part of dust and part of ahes
many of those who gone before theirs time...
3. Bijeg (=getaway )
4. Spas (=salvation )
...As ultimate salvation I am expecting you...
5. Gospodar tame (=Lord of the darkness)
6. Na ovom nebu (=On this sky)
... On this way there is eternal dark
on this sky stars loose theirs shine
7. Instrumental
8. Izgubljen u vječnosti (=Lost in eternity)
...If I pray to god to concede, I would be lost in eternity
If I beg you to wake me up, I would be lost in eternity
(Probably I did not translete it good; He want to say nobody hear him- not god nor her).
9. I can't fight (on english!)
"Copyright © 2005. H.O.G.A.R"