Crowbar

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
So what's the deal with them?

Some people swear by this band, and I've rarely seen anyone bash them. Sludge isn't my favorite genre, but I can stomach Iron Monkey, yet Eyehategod left me kinda unfullfilled.

However, most say Crowbar is more doom than either of those bands and a lot grovvier, yet avoiding the "stoner" tag.

Early reports are saying their new one will make waves in 2005.

Fill me in one these guys, 'cause all I know is that they used to be really fat.

I bought the self-titled years and years ago because a) All I Had I Gave was an awesome tune as heard on Headbanger's Ball, and b) Phil Anselmo produced it. Other than a few songs, I thought it was pretty awful. Been years since I've heard it, and somewhere along the way the CD booklet disappeared.

Love them. Like top 5 for me. Every album is excellent. Sonic Excess in Its Purest Form is an amazing album. Listen to The Lasting Dose, it is just so thick and depressing, the guitar tone is perfect.

Im anxious to hear the new album, but only like Kirk is still in the band from the last album.

Ok the the new album isnt nearly as good as the last, they sound more and more like Eyehategod, and there is less of a focus on atmosphere. Im kinda of disappointed.