Cruxiter debut later this year

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
Texas traditional metallers Cruxiter join the Heaven and Hell Records roster for their debut album currently being recorded. The release is scheduled for later this year.

cruxitor.jpg

After taking a break from Texas cult thrashers Hammerwhore vocalist /guitarist Joe Gonzalez began working on a new project called Mor-to-Life where he began honing his skills as a vocalist to fit the more melodic nature of the music he was writing. After a few shows and members shifts Hammerwhore were basically reassembled as Mor-to-Life. Now with a new direction and sound a name change would be called for and Cruxiter were born.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good.

Thanks, seems others are digging it too. Here is a recent review of their demo. Well it is one massive run on sentence about it anyway.

"Now this is really Classic 80s Melodic Metal at it’s very best, although only 3 songs are included and the sound is really like it is 1985 or something, but that is exactly the thing that is making this band so interesting. I am aware that there are many people out there who will be eating this band alive, because CRUXITER from Texas/USA sent me this 3-tracks containing promo CDR that musically sounds dangerously close to bands like OMEN, HEIR APPARENT and RIOT. There’s a NWOBHM influence, 80s US Power Metal and it just sounds like the countless rare 1980s US Midwest Metal bands. The vocals are clean, sometimes higher pitched and harmonized here and there during the somewhat catchy melodic choruses, while the uptempo rhythm is the classic 80s horse-riding IRON MAIDEN guitar style, with also classy twin-guitars and even a few proggy breaks as well as some really cool arrangements (check out “From her eyes” for some amazing various guitar work), so all together pure 1980s US Melodic Metal and the finest of the 3 cuts here is “Traveler”, which sounds a lot like TWISTED TOWER DIRE. If these guys would be able to get into a major studio with a major producer, then they might release perhaps a super sensational record. They are currently working on their debut full-length CD and I am sure any fan of Classic traditional Melodic Metal will be interested in that release. Hopefully a review of that to follow soon here. Songwise and instrumentally speaking they are delivering high class Metal, but I do hope the sound/production of their upcoming CD is a little better than this promo CDR, although this is just a promo of course, so can’t judge on the sound/production yet of their first CD. We’ll have to wait for that I guess... In the meantime check them out at: www.cruxiter.com" -strutter zine