Cry My Name - Karaoke Version for downloading!

Haha, well it definatly wasnt the way the original was recorded. But I am not trying to be Bloodbath's singer so I have no concern with that. I am doing my own thing, and I completly understand if your not into the style.

Alright well I made the mistake of using an sm57 to record this instead of my good mic so mixing was basically a bitch in comparison but it actually kinda made it more fun cuz I got to experiment with a lot of stuff to bring the sound quality up to par. I fucked my throat up on this too and it ended up a lot more "burpy" than usual. Anyway- let er rip.

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=246QKO2E58P3P38TW8YNI30S05

Death's Acre said:
Alright well I made the mistake of using an sm57 to record this instead of my good mic so mixing was basically a bitch in comparison but it actually kinda made it more fun cuz I got to experiment with a lot of stuff to bring the sound quality up to par. I fucked my throat up on this too and it ended up a lot more "burpy" than usual. Anyway- let er rip.

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=246QKO2E58P3P38TW8YNI30S05

Hi,
I like the parts where you doubled the vocals. What kind of reverb do you have going on? Sounds like a plate reverb. For a dynamic mic the high frequencies sound pretty good, but a large diaphragm is better for vocals.
I did'nt need to even eq my vocals! I just used compressor and reverb.
What is your "good" mic?

It's the "large auditorium" preset in adobe- though I'm not sure that helps much :p Maybe you could explain the difference between plate verb and others?

My good mic is a nuemann u87- and I agree completely about large diaphram condensors. I did vocals for a guy from the duncan forum a couple weeks ago and with nothing but reverb and a bit of compression it sounded(IMO) better than what I just posted. I used the shure because a friend of mine just bought an sm58 and was having trouble getting a good sound so I figured I could give him tips based on this experiment. The dynamic mic was so much harsher sounding than the nuemann that it sounded really amateurish to even leave the vocals centered so for most of it I had to apply a light chorus effect so it still sounded centered but was spread out a bit and not so overbearing.

Your style is alright phlege. I have listened to fleshcrawls version so many times that the real song sounds funny now. How does he get the drumming recorded and timed just right?

Fleshcrawl said:
I have just recorded a "karaoke" version of "Cry my Name", so if you wanna try to sing, just download and record your vocals over it!!!
Hi! I'm new on this board and I'd love to try my own version. Unfortunately I haven't found your original karaoke version of "Cry My Name", could you do me a favor and send me a link? ;-)
The best you can do would be to upload an uncompressed or losslessly compessed file such as WavePack / FLAC / Monkey's Audio (APE)... Or worse, some high quality MP3 such as LAME VBR (preset standard or extreme).
Thanks in advance! :)