Cubase and glitching

|Thanatos

Sep 9, 2008
Finland, Turku
My current setup: Intel E7200 @ 3.5ghz, 4gb ddr2 800mhz, emu0404. I'm runing XP with Cubase sx3. My usual project would be DFHS1, few guitartracks with wagner, TSS, and waves IR. and a basstrack with revalver mk3.

Here's the problem: When I'm monitorin one guitar track it sometimes glitches a lot. This happens when I set the ASIO buffer latency to 10 ms or less. I'm using the EMU Asio drivers so that shouldn't be the problem. If I'd like to have less latency, should I just go for a new soundcard, or is this simply a user issue? I recall people saying they can run 0404 with 5ms or less latency so this has bothered me for a while.

If you have a wireless network card, disable it. I get a lot of pops and crackles when I am listening to a complicated song and have my wireless N card on. Check and make sure that your EMU card's IRQ isn't set to the same as another device's. If you have an onboard sound card, you can try disabling that as well. Also, go through and disable insert VSTs one at a time and see if that makes a difference. Your computer is fast and you have a good enough sound card, so you shouldn't be having these kinds of problems..

If you have a wireless network card, disable it. I get a lot of pops and crackles when I am listening to a complicated song and have my wireless N card on. Check and make sure that your EMU card's IRQ isn't set to the same as another device's. If you have an onboard sound card, you can try disabling that as well. Also, go through and disable insert VSTs one at a time and see if that makes a difference. Your computer is fast and you have a good enough sound card, so you shouldn't be having these kinds of problems..

I actually use two soundcards simultaneously: the integrated one, and the 0404. However disabling the integrated one didn't help. I don't have wireless network card either.

Here's an example of what it sounds like: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=872321&songID=7274676

Anyone else have any input on this?