Cubase monitor button toggle for playback.

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
Ok, I'm fed up with it now, argggh.
When I for instance record drums all my tracks have some basic fx like eq and compression. I need to hear this while the drummer is playing. When the take is finished I manually toggle off all tracks for playback, then 10 seconds later put them al on again. Is there away to smoothen this without making an extra 12-16 tracks only for monitoring?

If you are referring to the monitor button which I think you are just put everything into a folder and toggle it on the folder.

Edit: or you could just select all the tracks and use the key command to toggle monitoring on or off

If you are referring to the monitor button which I think you are just put everything into a folder and toggle it on the folder.

Edit: or you could just select all the tracks and use the key command to toggle monitoring on or off

Yeah both are good and something I thought of, but wouldnt it be nice if you just can monitor/playback without pressing buttons?

There's different playback options in the settings you can change how it fuctions I don't remember what each one does but if you didn't already know about them it might be worth checking out.

I don't do it with drums since it's so CPU intensive, but I usually have a track for "monitoring" and leave that on the entire time while record enabling/recording to completely different tracks with the same FX chains. Works a treat for gtrs/vocals/bass!

I don't do it with drums since it's so CPU intensive, but I usually have a track for "monitoring" and leave that on the entire time while record enabling/recording to completely different tracks with the same FX chains. Works a treat for gtrs/vocals/bass!

+1 to this.

Drums I just track without any FX on the monitoring, but I do have plugs on those tracks. This way when I go to play back what he just recorded it doesn't sound like raw drum gayness.

There's a tape-machine style monitoring in the preferences that I use. If you're stopped or recording it automatically switches to input monitoring and turns off input monitoring for playback. Just make sure the track is record-armed and it takes care of the rest.