Current 93 - Sol Invictus - Nurse With Wound

Kveldssanger

Black Adder leads us all
Jan 24, 2002
Unseen University
Visit site
I've recently heard some songs from these bands and I'm very interested in checking them more extensively (especially Current 93 and Sol Invictus). Any suggestions about which album would be best to start with?

Hmm, I do believe there was a thread about which c93 album to buy... but I can't be bothered to look.

"In a Garden Green" is my favorite Sol Invictus album, so I'd recommend you get that :) It's pretty representative of the band. From Current 93, I'd say either "All the Pretty Little Horses" or "Thunder Perfect Mind." Probably "All the Pretty Little Horses" is a little better. It features a great track with vocals by Nick Cave.

Can't say about NWW, I've never heard them, but if you like SI and C93, check out a band called Fire and Ice.

I've heard many names for their music like folk noir and things like that. Current 93 and Sol Invictus play mostly dark melodic music, with some experimentations in certain songs. Nurse with Wound are more experimental with industrial and electronic elements...

Russel if you want check the following songs: Current 93 - "Lucifer Over London", "A Gothic Love Song", "All The Stars Are Dead Now" and Sol Invictus - "Song Of The Flower", "Come The Morning".

Playing: Sol_Invictus_-_In_a_Garden_Green/02_-_Come_the_Morning.ogg

Yah :)

This is my favorite wakeup track... watching the sun rise from my lofty perch with its eastward facing windows with a mug of black coffee... mmm... coffee... gonna brew some more :)

Oh, and "apocalyptic folk" is the name I've most often heard for this genre.

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
Russel if you want check the following songs: Current 93 - "Lucifer Over London", "A Gothic Love Song", "All The Stars Are Dead Now" and Sol Invictus - "Song Of The Flower", "Come The Morning".

Thanks my friend, they sound interesting.. I'll look out for some CDs next time I'm in a record store...