Custom acoustic geeeeeeeeetarz

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I remember Nate posted a company awhile back, but I don't remember who...

Anyhow, one of my closest friends is getting hitched in a few months, and I would like to get him a nice acoustic guitar, not some run of the shelf type thing, something individual. The dude is quite a fine musician (believe me, I've played with some extraordinary types), and while he's languished in his studies the last few years, myself and a few bros would like to kickstart him back into the glorious habit, and his wedding would serve as an excellent time to do just that. Budget will probably be $1,500 max, and the only real custom element I want is a nice engraving. Probably his last name on the 12th fret or something similar.

Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Boobs? Scandalous endeavoUrs? Cheers and shit.

Finding a real custom guitar that cheap would be impossible. I'd first find out what kinds he already has. Go to any good acoustic shop and look at Larrivee (www.larrivee.com) and Breedlove (www.breedloveguitars.com). Breedlove has a ton of configurations on woods, but they are probably out of your price range.

You might also go clear up to Atascadero and Paso Robles. They have a shop up there that ONLY sells amazing custom guitars. I'm sure LA has a ton of places like that too.

Any good guitar shop could customize his name on it. I bet it might be $200 or more, though.

Kickass, thanks. Yeah I was pretty hosed last night, should probably just get him a nice off the shelfer and then have it engraved.

If you're just going off the shelf for under $1,500, I'm going to again stress looking at Larrivee's. I didn't really know much about them until I was in a shop in Boulder, and I just picked one up for the hell of it. I completely shit myself. It totally blew away every Martin that sells for twice as much.

Cool, will check them out. Need to wrassle together some fundage from other fucks now.

A week ago he told me another payment is on the way, haven't seen it yet. Big fuckin' surprise. :rolleyes:

I decided to take him to small claims court by the way, I already researched how to go about it. I have 2 years from the time a verbal agreement is reached, so within the next 14 months I'll be filing my case. It's not like I need the money so if he keeps trickling checks my way, that's fine. It'll be taken care of by the time the statute of limitations runs out, one way or another.

Oh yeah and that dude isn't invited to this guy's wedding, especially considering he got wasted and pulled a knife on the manbride-to-be one camping trip. o_O

NADatar said:
A week ago he told me another payment is on the way, haven't seen it yet. Big fuckin' surprise. :rolleyes:

I decided to take him to small claims court by the way, I already researched how to go about it. I have 2 years from the time a verbal agreement is reached, so within the next 14 months I'll be filing my case. It's not like I need the money so if he keeps trickling checks my way, that's fine. It'll be taken care of by the time the statute of limitations runs out, one way or another.

Oh yeah and that dude isn't invited to this guy's wedding, especially considering he got wasted and pulled a knife on the manbride-to-be one camping trip. o_O

I wish I lived in S.Cali just so I could knock that dudes teeth down his throat for you cuz you;re too much of a pussy. ;) Besides, you and I could enjoy many good pints. :kickass: