D-Day at Crunulla Sharks

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Apparently the board are meeting with Chirs Anderson to decide about the coaching job for next year.
I am a fuck off Sharks supporter.... What do you think the best outcome would be?
Personally, I hope that CA stays for the last year of his contract. Sure, last year was a shit year.. But we were 1 game from the GF the year before... Then lost a shitload of players. But, we have recruited well for next year (Vagana, Merrit, Russo, Lomu, McGoldrick).

CA has said all along that he had a 3 year plan at the sharks. Why sack him after 2? If he is not there next year, we wont go as well as we would if he was there. Plus, we'd have a huge payout to deal with too.

I dont think Cronulla can afford the payout so they will probably have to keep him.

They recruited well, but if Kimmorley gets injured, you have no chance at all, Anderson has got the entire side revolving around him!

That is true. Although Mick Sullivan played well and won the game for us at halfback against Dragons last year when BK was injured.

Phil Bailey is acting like a fuckwit and threatening to leave the club if Ando goes. He has a get out clause in his conract. We would have Paul Franze back from Injury next year, so he and Vagana would be centres anyway. Bailey back to 2nd row would be nice.

I expect big things from Danny Nutley next year. Maybe a SOO call up for QLD

If Anderson goes, Kimmorley will too, Bailey should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on starting fights in Origin :)

Im pretty sure they will stick with him, the Sharks actually will have to pay Anderson 2 years pay because he has a clause that says if he makes the finals he has a one year extension, and if they sack him, he wont have the chance to do that so they will have to pay him out for 2 years, that would be at least 700000 id say.

Kimmorley has said this week that no mater what happens, he is a shark for life. He doesnt have the get out clause that Bailey does.

Bailey should shut the fuck up. IMO, I think Anderson is gone. I really do, as much as I dont want it to happen. I dont really know too much about Stuart Raper as a coach.

Manly? hahaha Good one.

Have they bought anyone in the offseason? I reckon the tigers have done well in their recruiting. Sattler, Nick Graham, Brett Hodgeson, Todd Payton plus a few others.

But seriously... How much did last season totally change everything in League?

The top 8 was the weirdest it has been for a while.. Canberra, Penrith, Melbourne, NZ... All genuine premiership contenders. It is probably to do with the salary cap.

A few years ago, I would have put money on the sharks making the semis at the start of every season. Now, there are alot more teams that are competitive. I even think the Cowboys are on the up

Im just glad Penrith managed to keep the core of their team together, so we should do well hopefully.

The Tigers should do well, NZ will do well again too I think, they always seem to come good at the end of the season when it matters. I dont think Melbourne will do all that great though.

If Kimmorley stays fit, Cronulla can make the semis and maybe more, if he doesnt, I dont think they have a chance. They are sort of a light blue Newcastle :)

I fuckin hate people who bag out kimmorley based on bullshit. Get over it. He is a great player. Did you watch him totally slay Great Britain in all 3 tests?

People hate him because he pushed Johns to hooker for a while there. Like it was his fault. I rate him highly.

Hmm.... I admit that he didnt have the best of seasons when he was at Manly. The 2 years he has been at the Sharks he has been a very solid performer, and won many games for the team. Look at the 2 games against Newcastle. The one in 01 when we smashed em at Shark Park 64-14 was unbelievable. It was 42 nil half time. He scored 28 points, and was rated a 10/10 performace from Rugby League Week. I think the only player to ever get that. And his game against them last year when he got 3 intercepts.. all for tries. That was a top game, and he won it for us. These are only 2 games out of many.
He was also great for Melbourne, you cant argue with that. And also at Hunter when he started his career

When Kimmorly played for Manly, it started the downward spiral for us I think. We haven't played well since then. We got the wooden spoon last year(South Sydney don't count as a team), at least we can only improve from now on.

They were shit for the few seasons before BK joined as well though.

I remember the Sharks VS Manly game in 01. The first time BK returned to Brookvale. I was at the game and it was 18 nil to the Eagles at half time. BK was gettin slammed by the Eagle fans on the hill.

The score ended up 44-18 to the sharks at full time. BK was sensational, and the dickheads on the hill didnt say anymore :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Cronulla will win the comp next year with Anderson and everyone will be saying what a genius he is.

Hey, I don't like the bloke but I think it'll be what happens. Personally I hope it doesn't, because I find it impossible to support a team for which Brett Kimmorley plays.