Dag Stokke (TNT) passes away

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
TNT, Vagabond, (and Jorn's Starfire album) keyboardist Dag Stokke passed of cancer at the age of 44 on April 27. Though I've never seen them live, his work will not be forgotten on the various live and studio albums he's played on.

I have purposefully waited for Dag Stokke's closest friends from the last 25 years, to air their emotions and feelings at the sad passing of Dag Stokke, before I felt it was right to tell you about how I felt. I think I have waited long enough now. Dag was a remarkable individual. The first thing that occurred to me, when I met him, was that he was utterly in control of any given situation. He was a musical genius. Everyone listened to what he had to say. And he was always right. When we were worried about equipment before a concert, he would already have repaired it and saved the gig. When it came to attention to detail in studio, he knew exactly the right atmosphere for a track and it would be finished before you knew it. Although, because of his popularity in the church, he was always a very busy guy ( I had the utmost pleasure in singing for his choir in Lena, by Gjovik, even though he didn't forewarn me, the crafty character that he was) I so enjoyed performing with him, in front of 150 confirmation youngsters. We worked together on mastering projects to suit each other's business and what a clever and wonderful man, he was. He built and balanced a fantastic mastering studio in Gjovik, that was industry class. There's not much left to say, other than I miss his calls, to see how I am and I miss calling him, to see how he is, too. We all loved him and still do. Always will. A real rock star, by any proportions, and with no ego or adverse agenda, other than being who he was. For me, he was my personal Scooby Doo. We Never stopped laughing together. What a memory. An unforgettable individual. God Bless Him. But moreover, let us celebrate his fantastic achievements, not mourn his passing.
- Tony Mills