Damien?

The Omen, if I remember correctly, was a great movie and that Iced Earth song as well as the entire "Horror Show" album kicks ass. Couldn't agree with you more about the tone of the bass on that album. Rules. It's kinda twangy but still very thick. Dunno the instrument though. Bummer dude. I also love the way Christy's drums sound on that album. I thought the performance on "Sounds of..." was kinda weak and the cymbals were mixed in "tin like" and the drums clicked rather than pounded. In "Horror Show" he definitely makes up for that.

It had to be one of only two of my ESPs I brought over there. Most likely where the bass sticks out in the mix, except for the obvious fretless intro of Dracula, it was the fretted ESP. Or more correctly the LTD (fretted) stock bass. It's my shining example of how a non-custom instrument can come all ready right out of the box with a great sound. I wasn't around during the mix, so I don't know exactly what the koo-koo did with my recordings that I left for him...but my memory says it was the LTD 5-string fretted.

Oh, and in case you didn't know...my main band, Sadus, has just released a new album finally and it has the best sound I could imagine for a great metal album. And we're going to euroland in April to play a lot of the new songs. Here's where and when we'll be there. Please help spread the news of these dates everywhere. Thanks!
SDG

Sadus – Darkane – Gory Blister

14-4 fri NL Baroeg, Rotterdam
15-4 sat D Turock, Essen
16-4 sun NL Noordschok, Groningen (festival)
18-4 tue F Ubu, Rennes
19-4 wed F Locomotive, Paris
21-4 fri D Tor 3, Osnabruck
22-4 sat CH Rocking Chair, Vevey
23-4 sun IT La Gabbia, Bassano Del Grappa
24-4 mon IT Sonar Club, Colle de Val D’Elsa
25-4 tue IT Circolo Degli Artisti, Rome
26-4 wed A Monastery, Vienna
27-4 thu CZ Black Pes, Prague
28-4 fri D Exhaus, Trier
29-4 sat B Biebob, Vosselaar, evening
29-4 sat NL Kings Of Metal, Arnhem (festival) afternoon
30-4 sun NL 013, Tilburg

Yep, I know about Out for Blood...downloaded the leak early, listened to it once, then deleted the leak and bought the album when it came out. Still awaiting the CD, but it should be here in the next few days. Great stuff Steve.