Damn Android phones ..

HTC Desire up in this motherbitch.

Winamp
Alarm Clock +
Dolphin Browser HD (<--this one is a must)
NetCounter (for managing data MB)

rooting is sort of the equivalent to "iphone's jailbreak".

Basically allows you to install Custom ROMs, for example, I own a Desire, so it came with the original HTC stuff, it's not even in Gingerbread now and it was super sluggish because of the shitty SENSE GUI. So now, I'm running a custom gingerbread ROM, with S-Off (meaning, you can flash a script so that every single thing installs 100% on your SD card, never running out of the internal space) and this allows you to run certain apps that have root access as well, for example, I'm using SetCPU which underclocks when not needed, my cpu clock is 1075mhz, when it's idle with the screen turned off (locked) it turns down to 125mhz, so it saves LOADS of battery.

In a nutshell, allows you to install community custom ROMs (10000x better than the stock original ones), gives you much better performance, much better batery life, etc

You can start reading a little bit here: http://hackmydesire.turnerpctech.com/

Finally got the 2.3 update for my Droid X2 yesterday. Running noticeably smoother. I have so much crap on there though, I'm wondering if giving it a reboot will be the icing on the cake.

Read up. My evo is 2.3. Unrootable until unrevoked is updated.

I really like my droid now. :D

Can't wait to fuck with it!

Dude, the EVO is not a Droid, Droid is a brand name from Verizon (licensed from Lucasfilm), ANdroid is the OS (and the proper abbreviation would be 'droid)

Ok, got that out of my system, nerd-compulsion fulfilled :D