Damn. Music Genome . Pandora . Do not sleep on this.

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
http://pandora.com

It's a "radio station" of sorts that plays what you like, based upon 6 years of research from Music Genome project. You'll see how they do once ya get up in there.

For the fuck of it, I typed in Lamb of God, and I was treated with back to back hot ass track attack, jack, nothin' wack. LOG, Amon Amarth, KSE, In Flames, Carcass. Shit is BANGIN'

Serious... dont sleep on this. Peep it with they quickness.

This shit is hella happ'nin' .. PERFECT for work cubicles and headphones.

intelligent lil' bastard played me tool, into voivod, into coheed, into demon hunter. =)

COOL STUFF!

it's cool but it doesn't have more obscure metal bands (who are wellknown in metal circles), and it sorts by premade category tags assigned to various bands and songs. So while with some you might be getting a good run, others are going to be completely wack. Personally, I think it's a novel idea, but until they analyze waveforms to categorize, I won't bother.

Kenneth R. said:
Personally, I think it's a novel idea, but until they analyze waveforms to categorize, I won't bother.

Analyze WAVEFORMS to categorize?! Are you nuckin' futz?

If that were the case, you are bound to end up getting a Dimmu into a Spears.

No... The way the system will become doap is by saying you like or do not like. My shit is perf in terms of it playing what *I* like in a very consistent manner. User input is what will make Pandora.

I dunno, I'm still a skeptic because it relies on people's opinions. I remember seeing a program that did the waveform thing and it was awesome, but it only did it for your own library. So...

Someone made a thread on another forum I visit about this today.

Apparently they did a search for Nine Inch Nails and they reccomend Hilary Duff :lol:

"Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features repetitive melodic phrasing, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, a good dose of acoustic guitar pickin', acoustic rhythm guitars and sad lyrics."