Damnation Angels - The Valiant Fire

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I see some talk and anticipation but no actual thread for the new album so here it is and a new song put up by the label. It seems like they really pushed the boat out and got a real orchestra for the classical arrangements but the melody of the song isn't really very immediate as yet. PelleK sounds a bit restrained too. Maybe they told him to tone down some of the caterwauling he does on his solo stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new disc is the most bombastic thing I have heard in forever. The orchestration is on par with Tuomas & Nightwish. I will agree that track doesn't hit you in the face like the "single" from the first disc. I blame Massacre for choosing that song as its not even close to being the best on the disc. Specifically, there are two 9+ minute tracks that are amazing.

The new disc is the most bombastic thing I have heard in forever. The orchestration is on par with Tuomas & Nightwish. I will agree that track doesn't hit you in the face like the "single" from the first disc. I blame Massacre for choosing that song as its not even close to being the best on the disc. Specifically, there are two 9+ minute tracks that are amazing.

Dare I say that this may be the album to place Damnation Angels with the other more relevant, bigger-league bands in the genre.

Blown away by it.

Ah! Well then that's fantastic news.

I thought they seemed a little young/nervous when they hit the stage. I hope with continued experience they get stronger in that department, because the recorded material is fucking awesome. Bringer of Light was fantastic and I still go back to it as well.

Nope. Never have.

I get what you're on about, but over the top is kind of PelleK's thing. That being said, he does seem to be more tempered, controlled...dare I say, mature, on these new tunes. It's for the better I will agree with you, but I like the overthetopness of the first disc as well.

Finally received my copy this week (ordered from Germany). This is what symphonic metal should sound like. Going to be tough to top this CD in 2015. Absolutely fantastic.

Nope. Never have.

Hed, I completely agree with your assessment. Pellek was trying to do too much with the vocals on the last one and failed a basic songwriting and melodies. He has the talent, just apparently not restraint. However, this new tune sounds like a different band. its obvious they approached the song structures from a better angle this time. This was closer to the new Dynazty, which is a great thing. I'll be gabbing this one upon release.