Damond Jiniya

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
New Savatage singer (so I hear)... I have some questions about this guy: First of all, did I spell his name right? :D Is he any better than Zak Stevens? And does anyone know where I can at least find a sample of his singing?

You did spell his name correctly.

Is he better than Zak? Well Zak is my 3rd favourite singer ever, and I've only heard Damond on bootlegs, so I can't compare. But let me tell you, what I heard sounded amazing. Damond's range is killer. He is amazing. I am looking forward to the new album.

He has another band called Diet of Worms, but it's not metal, so I think if you check out his songs with DOW you won't really get an idea of his vocals. Try to find some recent Sava bootlegs if you can, his live voice is soooo strong.

Check out his site: www.violenceandpoetry.com

Feel free to ask any other questions. Savatage is my favourite band. :)

NP: Primal Fear - Black Sun

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
You did spell his name correctly.

Is he better than Zak? Well Zak is my 3rd favourite singer ever, and I've only heard Damond on bootlegs, so I can't compare. But let me tell you, what I heard sounded amazing. Damond's range is killer. He is amazing. I am looking forward to the new album.

He has another band called Diet of Worms, but it's not metal, so I think if you check out his songs with DOW you won't really get an idea of his vocals. Try to find some recent Sava bootlegs if you can, his live voice is soooo strong.

Check out his site: www.violenceandpoetry.com

Feel free to ask any other questions. Savatage is my favourite band. :)

NP: Primal Fear - Black Sun

Couldn't decipher the webpage. :( Ooga ooga!!

Damond probably has the best stage prescence I've ever seen from a singer live....he's completely electric.

And his voice is great.

Hopefully Savatage will be able to write music that is as dynamic as his voice and persona.

Damond is incredible, IMO not compareable to Zakk.

Their voices are too different I'd say, Damond has got a big variety in his voice, he can rather be compared to the mountain king himself, although he is surely out of reach ;)