Dan on the new Winds album

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
Holy butt monkeys, you were NOT FUCKING KIDDING when you said you used every one of your vocal styles on your bit on that album. JESUS, what a fucking awesome performance by you! You really are an AMAZING vocalist. You really really really really need to know that!!!! :headbang: :OMG:

WHOAAHOWOHAWOHOHAOHOHWAOHWAOHHOWAOHOHAWOHOHAOHOHAOHWOHAOHHOAWOHOHAWOHOHAWOHAWOHHOAWHOAOHOHAOHAOHW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy butt monkeys, you were NOT FUCKING KIDDING when you said you used every one of your vocal styles on your bit on that album. JESUS, what a fucking awesome performance by you! You really are an AMAZING vocalist. You really really really really need to know that!!!! :headbang: :OMG:

I agree, got the album yesterday, Mr Swanos vocals are the best I've heard heard from him on here. They just walk right over the lead singers vocals which are rather tame.

I totally agree.:headbang:

The growls made me jizz bigtime :D

What song is he on again? I've got that album laying around somewhere.

Edit - Never mind, found the song, The Grand design 4:10 - 4:50.

Dan, please make another death metal album, or not even death metal, but just something with harsher vocals than on Nightingale etc... (I still love Nightingale though!)

Good that you like the stuff...
I have an album in mind where my voice will be used in it´s full potential...
The possible cover-album I am planning (a bonus disc to the Odyssey EP re-issue) will also cover a lot of my different voices. No growls there though (Well, maybe a few to create the massive stacking backing vocals that some of the choruses demand, but no lead growlings) This far the planned songs for Swanöfication is:

IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT - SANDRA (Turns out to be a kick ass "PAIN" track in my treatments. Might ask Täggo for some backups!)
SHAKE THE DISEASE - DEPECHE MODE
WASTED YEARS - IRON MAIDEN
AT THE GALLOWS END - CANDLEMASS
LOST HORIZONS - M.S.G.
GYPSY - URIAH HEEP

all the songs above except the Depeche song, was intented for some other cover album or so. The Candlmass and the Uriah Heep song was on the list for EOS covers, but Blood of my enemies and Invisible Sun beat them to it. Route Nine was supposed to do In the hat... on the album we never did for Osmose and yeah, the MSG song was also intended of EOS but our labelmates Memento Mori beat us to that one, but now, 14 years later, it´s my turn!!!

See ya!!

Dan

At the Gallow's End in Swanö style... holy mother of Christ... I can't even begin to comprehend the complete awesomeness of it.

Dan Swanö;6541392 said:
Good that you like the stuff...
I have an album in mind where my voice will be used in it´s full potential...
The possible cover-album I am planning (a bonus disc to the Odyssey EP re-issue) will also cover a lot of my different voices. No growls there though (Well, maybe a few to create the massive stacking backing vocals that some of the choruses demand, but no lead growlings) This far the planned songs for Swanöfication is:

IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT - SANDRA (Turns out to be a kick ass "PAIN" track in my treatments. Might ask Täggo for some backups!)
LOST HORIZONS - M.S.G.
GYPSY - URIAH HEEP

all the songs above except the Depeche song, was intented for some other cover album or so. The Candlmass and the Uriah Heep song was on the list for EOS covers, but Blood of my enemies and Invisible Sun beat them to it. Route Nine was supposed to do In the hat... on the album we never did for Osmose and yeah, the MSG song was also intended of EOS but our labelmates Memento Mori beat us to that one, but now, 14 years later, it´s my turn!!!

See ya!!

Dan

Holy crap!:worship:

Whoa, that would be awesome! Funny, I was just singing 'At The Gallows End' down an octave in this hotel room where I'm staying. The room has great acoustics, it's very reverb-y. I was thinking that I sounded a little like Dan :)

I put in my vote for a Meat Loaf cover though. Any would do. Although I say 'Everything Louder Than Everything Else' with Steel vocals :D
Anyone else with me? Hopefully Dan is :)

Dan Swanö;6541392 said:
The day I will listen to this version of Wasted Years I think I will be prepared to immolate myself as a human sacrifice for you, Dan :worship:notworthy. Can't wait to get this release. And of course the Odyssey re-release. Many years waiting... many years...:cry:

By the way: Swanöfication is the most ingenious word I had listened for years!

Dan Swanö;6541392 said:
LOST HORIZONS - M.S.G.
GYPSY - URIAH HEEP

Wow! I'm really looking forward to this. Except for the M.S.G. song, that I've never heard, I like all the above songs in their original versions. It'll be great hearing Sandra and Depeche Mode "Swanölized". :)

Dan Swanö;6541392 said:

Dan

:loco: two of my absolute favourite 80s tracks... I must have listened to Shake The Disease about 500 times.... :dopey:
Those covers will be awesome!!