Dan reviews @ globaldomination

Fucken K, he's more picky than I am. Good review though, I got a couple chuckles out of it.

I remember one time I asked him to give Dan a hug from me and his reply was something like "I'll fucken punch you and Dan" I love Kay.

I like how he complains about typos and comes up with "thruout" and "becoz"...

And the fact that he thinks that Black Tears is a mediocre song. Wow. And 15:36 is "shit" while Cryptic "should have got more attention." Except Cryptic is a BAD album. Sorry. When I was 16 years old and didn't know dick about anything (I probably still don't...), I picked up Cryptic without knowing Dan had left and on the very first listen I noticed how uninspiring and mediocre it was of an album. I'm not a picky guy, I like tons of raw stuff, but we have to call a spade a spade. Cryptic was not a good album, and it was Edge of Sanity's worst album because it was really pedestrian. Dan didn't have to be on it for it to be good, but in his absence the rest of the band just didn't deliver.

The review is funny, but it's kind of superficial. He also should get that stick out of his ass, there's nothing wrong with Dan asking his fans for the tracks. It's not like we demanded that he put together the album that way. It was his idea, and if he thought our choices were not good he could have done it himself and none of us would have complained.

Reminds me of an interview with one of In Flames newer members... the guy chuckled when the interviewer told him that some In Flames fans thought their older stuff was more interesting than their newer songs. Maybe he had a brain tumor that made him forget about how putrid Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape were. But the point is that your fans are essentially massive feedback and critiques on your music, and while you shouldn't be caged by their influence, it's not a bad idea to ask the people who constantly listen to your music their thoughts on it if you think it would give you some ideas on what to do with it. Such elitist horseshit to suggest otherwise.

You have to realize that K's reviews have a good amount of humor running through them. I can see how a new reader of his reviews might be offended, but it's all good fun. I don't agree with K's taste most of the time, but the reviews are damn good. Taking the piss out of metal has to be done:)

Yeah, I'm sure someone has to do it. I'm not offended at all, least of all for being him honest about his opinions. But he does say some stupid shit. I understand that a lot of times magazines and media in general are soft on bands who release shitty albums. He just makes it sound like Dan asked an inert mass of fanboys what songs they liked, and then put them on his CD. We had a pretty cool thread choosing the songs and we tussled over it! WE MIXED THE CD AND PRODUCED IT BASICALLY!!! COME ON MAN GIVE USOURDUEFORGODSFUCKINGSAKEWHYTHEFUCKDOESTHEMANKEEPUSDOWNAHUGHAUGAHUGHAGHUAGUAGUHSO!1#!#!%!(UF()!UF)(UF_FI_FI_)I_)FI_)A_)F_A)F'g0984-g909g=ik,

/foams

Mmm. Pills!

I think K has said some stupid shit, maybe once...

K has a lot of interaction with his "fanboys" as well, in fact they routinely pick album and song titles. So he's basically making fun of himself in that way too. I think it's awesome that both Dan and K care enough about their "fanboys" to have them participate. Besides, K is a fucken giant teddy bear.

I think K has said some stupid shit, maybe once...

K has a lot of interaction with his "fanboys" as well, in fact they routinely pick album and song titles. So he's basically making fun of himself in that way too. I think it's awesome that both Dan and K care enough about their "fanboys" to have them participate. Besides, K is a fucken giant teddy bear.

A brown one with a little red scarf or a panda?

Naglfar: I have 15 words for you:

"Blow" and "Me".

There's a huge fucken difference in typo's and words spelled differently on purpose. When you understand this, and want to cuddle with my stick (that's not removed from my ass), just holler.

Until then: Blow. Me.

"Blow" and "Me".

There's a huge fucken difference in typo's and words spelled differently on purpose. When you understand this, and want to cuddle with my stick (that's not removed from my ass), just holler.

Haha! and thats why I love you, penis. *dead*

"Blow" and "Me".

lol

Bad spelling is bad spelling, man! Thruout, becoz, typo's and fucken are equally heinous in their butchery of the English language as the shitty spelling in Dan's booklet! Just pointing out the double standard. I don't give a shit about grammar!

Change "grammar" to "you" and you are exactly where I'm at in this discussion right now.

Kiss, kiss.

Edit: And fuck me, I forgot to say that "typo´s" was intentional.

Now, blow me.

"When Dan was kicked out of the band, “Cryptic” was made. I like this album a hella lot and both “Hell written” and “Bleed you dry” are 2 great tracks. The more back-to-basics approach suits EOS fine and it’s a shame that this album didn’t get more attention."

1 of 1000.

That website is "fucken" terrible. I can't stand it. It's just a website so the current generation of "fans" can talk shit—since that's all they like to do. Bad grammar, bad spelling, virtually zero musical knowledge, and no comedic ability whatsoever. That website sucks.

And yes, I've hated that site for a long time now.

That website is "fucken" terrible. I can't stand it. It's just a website so the current generation of "fans" can talk shit—since that's all they like to do. Bad grammar, bad spelling, virtually zero musical knowledge, and no comedic ability whatsoever. That website sucks.

And yes, I've hated that site for a long time now.

fucken playah hatah!

ooh picking a fight with K over spelling...we're lucky Martijn isn't here...he's a real spelling nazi...it could get ugly.

Death metal school of grammar
our moto: we conjugate the dead!