Dan Spitz arrested for beating his wife (allegedly)

anomynous

Jun 12, 2011
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...z-arrested-on-suspicion-of-domestic-violence/

According to Jose Lambiet's GossipExtra.com, former ANTHRAX and current RED LAMB guitarist Dan Spitz was arrested early Christmas morning at his house in Florida on suspicion of domestic violence.

The 50-year-old musician was picked up by Palm Beach County Sheriff deputies and booked in to the county jail about 5 a.m. after an argument with his wife of seven years, Candi.

According to the police report, Spitz and his wife — who have autistic twins — got into a physical confrontation at their Lake Worth home after drinking heavily on Christmas Eve. It is alleged that Dan wrapped his hands around Candi's neck and tried to choke her, leaving visible bruises on her neck.

The guitarist, who told the deputies that his wife assaulted him first, sustained scratches on his chest, neck and arms.

Candi's mother described Dan as "very aggressive" toward Candi and told deputies she heard her daughter scream, "I can't breathe." The mother did not witness the physical confrontation, which allegedly took place in the couple's bedroom.

The couple argued over another man that Candi dated when she and Spitz were briefly separated last year.

Spitz was released on his own recognizance yesterday afternoon.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...ion-of-domestic-violence/#jEPclmvzqCxXJ0Yb.99

CAUGHT IN A MOSH

Update:

Candi Spitz, the wife of former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz, says that she will not press charges against her husband for allegedly assaulting her Christmas morning.

The 50-year-old musician was arrested at he couple's home in Lake Worth, Florida when Candi's mother called 911 to report he was trying to choke his wife.

"I'm not planning on pursuing this in court," Candi, 38, tells GossipExtra.com. "This was a big misunderstanding. My mom should've never called 911."

She adds: "[Dan and I] were separated for a week last year, and Christmas Eve was the first anniversary.

"The stress level at home has been astronomical. Our children are both autistic and Dan may have early onset Parkinson's Disease.

"We were all drinking wine, and he just snapped."

According to Candi, the confrontation happened when her husband started packing her bags, and she stood in his way.

"No matter what's in the police report," Candi says, "he never hit me or tried to harm me. He did shove me, and unfortunately I bruised my shoulder.

"But come on: He's 5 feet tall and 100 pounds all wet. And I kick box. He could never harm me if he tried."

Spitz spent the night in jail and was released early Thursday afternoon.

The couple, along with their 7-year-old twins, was spotted at Zoo Miami this afternoon, according to GossipExtra.com.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...nst-ex-anthrax-guitarist/#OUWk72msrFm0Jcgc.99

What the fuck? Dan may have Parkinson's Disease? First I've heard of it.

(I know that's not the main point of all of this, but if she's not pressing charges then as far as I'm concerned none of it really matters.)

Domestic laws are a lot different there,u would have to fuck someone up pretty bad to spend a night in jail here,,sounds like a simple argument

Domestic laws are a lot different there,u would have to fuck someone up pretty bad to spend a night in jail here,,sounds like a simple argument
Here, if the police are called someone (male) is going to jail. I had a buddy who was in the army and on one post he was at, if the police got called for domestic BOTH were going to the clink for the night.

A Blabbermouther had a great idea for Dan & Charlie to start a new band called Domestic Battery. Made me laugh.

This is the best quote from his wife:

"But come on: He's 5 feet tall and 100 pounds all wet. And I kick box. He could never harm me if he tried."

Dan was in pretty good shape a few years ago, guess that's not the case anymore.

If my wife went on public record saying that about me and I didn't abhor domestic violence I'd almost want to slap her around a bit. It was in his defense however backhanded it might seem so maybe it's a draw. Either way I'd be a little embarrassed about her saying so.

If my wife went on public record saying that about me and I didn't abhor domestic violence I'd almost want to slap her around a bit. It was in his defense however backhanded it might seem so maybe it's a draw. Either way I'd be a little embarrassed about her saying so.

I felt the same way when I read that. Kind of a shitty way of putting it on her part.

This is so sad on so many levels, so I'm just going to

giphy.gif

I felt the same way when I read that. Kind of a shitty way of putting it on her part.

My wife and I could say such things about each other in this case. "She gets winded going up the front porch step." Or "He's too busy with his hands on his dick to lay any on me." That's an exaggeration (about her) but still, there's no way either of use could do much harm to each other with our bare hands.

If it is a ridiculous misunderstanding, I think her response is just a way of saying "WTF?"

The parkinson's thing is fucked up. I really hope it's not that.

My wife and I could say such things about each other in this case. "She gets winded going up the front porch step." Or "He's too busy with his hands on his dick to lay any on me." That's an exaggeration (about her) but still, there's no way either of use could do much harm to each other with our bare hands.

If it is a ridiculous misunderstanding, I think her response is just a way of saying "WTF?"

The parkinson's thing is fucked up. I really hope it's not that.

My wife and I give each other shit all the time, but it's a little different when it's done in the press. Just my opinion.