Dan Spitz + Dave Mustaine???

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
from blabbercrap:

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has joined forces with former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz in a brand new project called RED LAMB. The band's debut release, which will consist largely of the music Spitz previously recorded under the DEUXMONKEY banner with vocalist Wade Black (CRIMSON GLORY, SEVEN WITCHES, LEATHERWOLF), ACCEPT bassist Peter Baltes and drummer Patrick Johansson (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, W.A.S.P.), will be mixed by Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis; DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, MACHINE HEAD, STAIND).

So is Dave singing I'm assuming? This should be interesting if it ever sees the light of day...

Spitz has a habit of starting these projects and nothing ever happening. I wonder if this will be music "not heard yet by the human ear" ....

Spitz needs to come back to Anthrax once this "Worship Music" is done. I think this "Worship Music" will be in the right direction. But it truly won't be "ANTHRAX" without Spitz on guitar. Spitz is one of the better thrash metal guitar players of his era, very underrated. He would certainly add a lot more to Anthrax's music than the guy in the beanie R00b1e

I would love to hear this project, hopefully it happens. Yeah a lot of lead players' role is just leads, not writing riffs. I think that's Charlie's job 100%. That's what I like about Rob though, as producer he obviously has a lot of input on everything, definitely contributing to all aspects of the music.

thats a very cheap shot,alot of lead guitarists in bands are just that,james hetfield didnt even let kirk record rthm guitars track till the last few albums.

and maybe that's because Kirk sucks at playing riffs, just listen to it live

Whatever they did with Scat, Joey, Danny, Frank, and Charlie worked well. I don't think many people, even on this forum would argue that Anthrax's best albums were with Danny Spitz in the band. SOWN is by far the best Bushthrax album and yes Danny was on it. Did he 'write riffs?' who knows what the hell he did. But he obviously had some sort of influence on the music. I don't think there is any coincidence that musically the band wasn't as good after he left the band

I think R0bbi3 is a good guitar player, probably knows how to push the protools buttons good as well. But he will never be a Dan Spitz who is one of the best guitar players in the Thrash Metal history...no matter how whacky he may be

Thrash isn't that great a genre though - Dan is a great in this genre because most guitarists in thrash bands are forgettable.
Hmm....a poll maybe?

I think thrash metal has some of the best metal guitarists of all just a few... i guess not all are specifically 'trash' but close enough... I don't think many of these guys are 'forgettable'

Dimebag Darrell
Marty Friedman
Alex Skolnick
James Murphy
Dave Mustaine
Kirk Hammett
Gary Holt
Dan Spitz
John Petrucci
Malmsteen
Glen Tipton
Trey Azagthoth

Who thinks Ian made all the riffs on Anthrax is completely wrong,Dan made a lot and he never tried to copy another lead player,his solos are amazing different..Yes,I hope he will be back soon, Anthrax never been the same without him or Joey... Dan/Dave together is something to check.