Dan - Working with Godgory...

brother Martin

Noddy the BeerHolder
Feb 6, 2005
Obochina, Harmont
I guess being a newcomer here I've missed a lot. But could anyone tell me whether Dan liked his collaboration with Godgory... Why did they break up?
Godgory seemed to be one of my especially fave bands up to the day I've run into this: http://www.rusmetal.ru/vae_solis/godgory.htm.
After having read that fckn "great interview" I figured out that my blind admiration for them started to somehow fade.
I found Matte undoubtedly ungrateful. When I read that he and Erik were dissatisfied with the guitar sound (and what else!) on "Shadow's Dance" (an album, which was recorded with Dan at Unisound) I nearly lost my temper. What in the world could please these two guys?
Maybe I'm a paranoid? Then Somebody, do argue my delusion away! Help me regain my inner peace!

I love godgory! I found the drum sound on shadows dance to be not that good (not the guitar sound), probably because they used a drum machine/digital drums.

does anybody know when or if there will be a new godgory album?

2brother Martin

This "great interview" must be about 8 years old! I suppose you just shouldn't take such old crap close to heart!
As far as I got it, Godgory's never managed to work with Tagtgren. Haaaaaaa, I can't help wondering why?!
As for their music, 'tis really tremendous and inspiring!! :headbang:
I'm a poor musician, but it seems to me that songs on their last masterpiece "Way beyond" bear a slight resemblance to Moontower ... :wave: