Dane Rudhyar

Armageddon's Child

New Metal Member
Dec 21, 2001
Visit site
Twentieth century French composer, esotericist and author. Often called a 'Modernist' due to the emphasis on dissonance in his compositions, Rudhyar, like Gustav Holst, was in actual fact a musical mystic whose works drew on and evoked Vedic lore and Hindu sacred music.

l08239ax53a.jpg

Advent/Crisis & Overcoming/Transmutation

These three later works (the first two performed by The Kronos Quartet, the latter by pianist Maria Mikulak) illustrate the strength of Rudhyar's work: passionate, mysterious, and moving toward an almost ambient sensibility, beautiful without being cloying, dissonant without being obnoxiously flashy.

it will end upon recieving the cue : "go mtp something tastey bitch"

but yeah, thanks, I'll give this a shot.

and looking upon threads like these, i can clearly say everyone on the forum deserves a pat on the back for taming armageddon's child. yesterday he was dictating his views and casting aspersions at everyone, today he's recommending artists to people he called stupid. he's come a long way, so a pat on the back for him too. :tickled:

and looking upon threads like these, i can clearly say everyone on the forum deserves a pat on the back for taming armageddon's child. yesterday he was dictating his views and casting aspersions at everyone, today he's recommending artists to people he called stupid. he's come a long way, so a pat on the back for him too. :tickled:

Its quite clear you don't understand him, or his motivations, at all.

this forum is full of well lubbed assholes.

HOORAY

I've listened to this a few times, and i'm not really all that keen on it. Some of the pieces are interesting (the last part of Transmutation was nice), but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I understand Rudhyar was interested in imitating patterns of speech, but the pieces just don't really say anything to me. Ah well.