Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
The new Danzig record has been out for a few days and I can't recall ever having heard a more demo sounding record.

This totally sounds like something you'd record in a rehearsal room so the band can then go home to practice the tracks!

It has 4-5 good tracks tho ...

Anyone heard it yet?

Quote: (WikiPedia)

For Deth Red Sabaoth, Danzig took a more analog approach to recording: "I wanted to have an organic sound, bigger and thicker, so I went out and bought some 1970s Kustom tuck ’n’ roll bass amps to play some of the guitar parts through. You’ll hear real reverb, real tremolo on this album, which sounds completely different than the stuff that's done with computer chips".[10] Glenn Danzig produced the album himself, recorded most of the bass tracks, and played drums on the song "Black Candy", his first drumming credit since select tracks on his former band Samhain's 1986 album November-Coming-Fire.[9]

I got a promo. Yeah, its really rehearsal-sounding, but I kinda like the attitude. Danzig albums always sounded a bit odd. I'm glad he left that industrial path and came back to his former style.

Quote: (WikiPedia)

For Deth Red Sabaoth, Danzig took a more analog approach to recording: "I wanted to have an organic sound, bigger and thicker, so I went out and bought some 1970s Kustom tuck ’n’ roll bass amps to play some of the guitar parts through. You’ll hear real reverb, real tremolo on this album, which sounds completely different than the stuff that's done with computer chips".[10] Glenn Danzig produced the album himself, recorded most of the bass tracks, and played drums on the song "Black Candy", his first drumming credit since select tracks on his former band Samhain's 1986 album November-Coming-Fire.[9]

GG: Yea, that's a total joke. The gits sound totally thin and digital to me (POD-like) ... :D

Uni: And I like the vibe, too. It's just the sound that baffles me ...

yeah guru, i call shenanigans on your post... it's VERY bedroom demo sounding... the songs are good (compared to other recent Danzig anyway), and it's Danzig's best vocal performance in a while.... but yeah, the mix is ass-tastic.

His first album sounded fantastic (and typically analog for that matter). Never really bothered with his other records tho.

his absolute BEST vocal performances were on Danzig II

The songs were a bit cooler on the 1st one but he took his vocals to a whole new level on II and then something really weird happened by the time he got to III

Its like he changed up his singing style to try and preserve his voice or something, he got this weird kinda "warble" sound to his screams

anyway Danzig I -IV = über-badass