Dark Funeral's new one.... Attera Totus Sanctus

Jun 25, 2004
I know there aren't many Dark Funeral fan's on this site... and i never bought any of their albums before... but someone gave me a gift card for Sam Goody's and i couldnt find the albums i really wanted like 1349's new one , summoning , abigor etc.. so i picked this one up to give it a try and to tell you the truth this album kicks ass... i wasn't expecting this... so just wanted to recommend it and see what others think of DF and this and past albums... im thinking of getting Secrets of the Black Arts or another album similar to their new one...

I really like well produced Black Metal, also as dirty raw stuff, but the new Dark Funeral album is too clean for my taste. "Secrets..." is far the best album they released, also the songs are more unique. I can recomend the first 2 albums, and the split with Infernal.

very underrated band in the BM genre... I think i will pick up Secrets of the Black Arts afterall after i pay down some of my credit cards... i been listening to the new one non stop... i know i will get bored of it eventually like i do all my CD's but for now i love it.... love the artwork on the CD cover... i think what i like about this album is the melodies in the background.. complements the high speed riffing very good...

the new album is so kick-ass. i think the vox is really good but the best in the album is clearly the drums. Matte Modin does 280 bpm on some parts, and that's really, really fast. my favourite songs are: King Antichrist, 666 Voices Inside, Atrum Regina, Godhate and Final Ritual.
i'm going to see them with Naglfar in Sweden at 25/2-06.

I like how they described it as really varied, since the songs range from 260-280BPM. Heh. What a huuuuuuge difference!

I'll probably pick this up sometime. I haven't really looked into newer Dark Funeral (post-Vobiscum Satanas)... not really sure why. But I'll get this.

Puppet said:
the new album is so kick-ass. i think the vox is really good but the best in the album is clearly the drums. Matte Modin does 280 bpm on some parts, and that's really, really fast. my favourite songs are: King Antichrist, 666 Voices Inside, Atrum Regina, Godhate and Final Ritual.
i'm going to see them with Naglfar in Sweden at 25/2-06.

I love all the songs.. listening to Feed on the Mortals right now.. love the vox.. makes it sound very evil and demonic... this should be a contender for one of the best BM albums of 2006...

One of my friends just bought it and he says he really likes it. Ive only heard 666 voices inside and i have to say the music is damn good, but the vocals are the only downside for me. Nevertheless, one of the better BM cds of (late) 2005.