DARKER HALF + THE ETERNAL duel album launch!!!

DARKER HALF will be sharing Sydney album launch duties with Melbournes THE ETERNAL with support from very talented youngsters DESTEND.This should be a cracker of a show!!:worship:

metalevoMAR20.jpg

That was a fun night :kickass:

It was truly a fun night, but as i said, I'm all for having a good time now, but the type of mischief Mr. Ferret gets himself into? I'll pass unless its my birthday. You know all too well about my birthday Mr. Jethead, where i used my wipe on sex appeal, wasn't let in to Mortal Sin, etc...

That was the first time I've actually been upstairs at the Sando. I didn't realise how tiny the joint was.

Darker Half were pretty solid as always. There were a few songs I didn't recognise throughout the set which were promising, although I could have sworn the last song was introed as "Rock Lobster" (but it wasn't a rock :(). I missed Destend thanks to Watto's shithouse sense of navigation :lol: but I was only really there to see Darker Half so didn't mind too much. We ended up hanging around for The Eternal anyway who were completely unlike anything I expected. I'd been told they were generic black metal and they were anything but. Some of the songs felt a bit slow (probably because they were following Darker Half) but it was still thoroughly enjoyable. It's good to hear a vocalist who can scream like that. It feels like ages since I've heard a local (or at least Aussie - local enough) band with a vocalist who can belt out a powerful scream which isn't just another powermetal bitch squeal or wish-I-was-death-metal metalcore growl.

It was good to see Shane's evil alterego Shanestorm out and about too :lol:

Destend were okay, a bit repetitive but nothing wrong with that if the music is good. So yeh, they were alright. DARKER HALF fucking rocked. Their new song "Desensitised" was fucking killer. How was that crowd reaction compared to other DH shows? I thought the crowd were going off. I was dissapointed to see how many people were watching the Eternal, there were like 20 of us. They don't really tickle my fancy, a bit too slow and boring for me, but i still don't mind em. Good luck to them on their tour.