DAVE GROHL Says Broken Leg Is Making Progress

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl told Rolling Stone that he's making progress in his recovery from the broken leg he sustained last month when he fell from a stage in Sweden, saying, "I'm starting to do a little bit of rehab exercise and the cast is off. The swelling's down. The pain's gone. It's just a matter of getting those kick-drum muscles back, man. I can't fuckin' lose those. That's important to me. So I'm sitting here, moving it around, doing my exercise as we speak." Grohl is now using a removable boot and added that in the grand scheme of things, his accident could have ended much worse. He explained, "I could have done some real damage. This is pretty gnarly, but it could have been a lot worse. I'm just blessed to still be talking to fuckin' Rolling Stone." He revealed that one physical therapist told him, "It was basically like my ankle got into a 40-mile-per-hour car crash." The FOO FIGHTERS were forced to cancel the last seven dates of its European tour but have launched its current North American trek on schedule. Grohl is playing the shows while seated on a large throne, his leg raised in front of him on a chair. Grohl added that the shows are the "easiest part of my whole day," explaining, "The rest of the time, I'm hobbling around trying to brush my teeth and pack my bags and walk down the street and get a cup of coffee. The challenge is the other 21 hours of the day." FOO FIGHTERS currently have North American dates scheduled through late October. The band will take a short break and then head to Europe in November.

More...