DAVE GROHL Won't Be On New QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Dave Grohl has denied reports that he will appear on the next QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE album. This past June, ZZ TOP's Billy Gibbons implied that Grohl would be featured on the new QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE record, telling Eonmusic: "Just one month ago, I was making a record with QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE. Dave Grohl was also taking part." Now, however, Grohl has dismissed the rumor, saying that he and QUEENS frontman Josh Homme have just been hanging out. "I'm not on the new QUEENS record," Dave told NME. "You know what Josh and I have been doing together? Riding motorcycles and eating waffles. That's it. Let me tell you, it's a fun morning. We've done it more than a few times and it's pretty fucking great. "I wish I was on the new QUEENS album," he added. "I fucking love playing with Josh. He's one of my best friends, but at the moment, it's just motorcycles and waffles." Grohl previously played drums on five tracks on QUEENS' 2013 album "...Like Clockwork" and contributed drums, percussion and backing vocals to 2002's "Songs For The Deaf". QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE's seventh album, "Villains", was released in August 2017 via Matador Records.

Continue reading...