DAVE MUSTAINE Studying 'World History' And 'Crazy Science Stuff' For Next MEGADETH Al

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Even though MEGADETH's latest album, "Super Collider" is less than three months old, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine I already thinking ahead about the group's follow-up effort. He tweeted the following message earlier today: "I have been studying a lot of world history and a lot of crazy science stuff for new lyrics. This world is so fascinating!" Speaking to the "Shockwaves"/"HardRadio" podcast earlier in the year, Mustaine stated about the "Super Collider" title track and cover artwork: "I love the concept, I love the artwork that we have for this record — it's the Hadron Collider, and that is a remarkable machine. And if you look at the Super Collider, the thing itself — whether it does a damn bit of good or not, nobody really knows; I don't know how it's gonna correlate to lowering gas prices or anything like that, or getting people to stop trying to run everybody's lives right now and the dumbing down of America… But it's really cool if you look at how big it is. A lot of pictures on the 'Net will show this enormous machinery and guys the size of ants next to it. And the one picture that we used for our cover was, like I said, the Hadron Collider and it's just beautiful stuff, man." He added: "Science is really interesting. I mean, I don't believe in evolution, I believe in creation, so science only goes so far with me, but I really dig looking at that whole way that's set up with the tubing and the piping and the reactors and all the stuff that goes along with it. You have to see it for yourself."
mustaineworldhistory.jpg

More...