David Bendeth and Paramore

Feb 17, 2007
UK
Paramore gets a fair amount of praise here. I'm working with a band at the moment and I've listened to one of their demos. Its got a bit of Paramore, Lostprophets (the recent stuff) sound to it, and the guitarist has told me he is looking for a Paramore guitar sound... but he has a line 6 pod :(

Does anybody have any info on how Riot! was recorded?
I've tried searching on google but I haven't found much.

I found a video that shows Josh Farro's live guitar setup, he's using a Marshall JCM2000 DSL with a Mesa cab, and he said he also has a Mesa Dual Rectifier.

So any nuggets of information you have please do share.

cheers.

big david bendeth thread on this forum, and he posts a ton on GS.

riot was a DW kit, with a few different snares (vinnie paul, pork pie, dw). cab was a marshall with really rare expensive fender speakers that you wont be able to get hold of :) big part of bendeths tones, i think is these speakers breaking up and adding more distortion.

amp wise im pretty sure it was a blend of a few, but i cant really remember. I think the guitar and pickups will be more important.

read the bendeth thread as a lots been uncovered there, and search gearslutz for the user stereomixer. he has made a hell of a lot of cool posts.

He also posted in a thread discussing CLA's work on Brand New Eyes, I was it was the snare drum specifically, although the discussion itself branched out from there.