DAVID DRAIMAN Says Comedian's DISTURBED Parody Was 'Pretty Damn Funny'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Around a year ago, a comedian named Brandon Muller has posted a two-and-a-half minute parody online of the heavy rock band DISTURBED. Titled "The Greatest Hit Of Disturbed", the clip took the form of an infomercial and poked fun at the band's "limited creativity" and singer David Draiman's "repetitive vocal phrasing," even suggesting that the band's material sounds like "one never-ending song." The clip satirized several of the band's hits, like "Down With The Sickness" and "Liberate", while taking apart Draiman's vocals by boiling them all down to "yuh-nuh-muh-yuh."Asked by Argentinean rock journalist Lucas H. Gordon what he thought of the clip, Draiman said (see video below): "I love that. It's hysterical. The 'yuh-muh-nuh-muh-yuh' thing. Yeah, it's pretty damn funny."He continued: "You know what, dude?! If you can't find humor and laugh at yourself, then there's something wrong with you. And for them to actually put all that effort into it and all that time that it took to actually make it, it's flattering. [Laughs]"Draiman added: "I remember the first time I saw it, I was literally laughing so hard, I was in tears. My favorite line from it… How does it go?... was… 'Never before has a band done so much with so little.' [Laughs] That was hysterial. [Laughs] So I enjoyed it. It was really funny."Muller starred as Draiman in the video, right down to the chin rings, although the vocals are handled by Archie Wilson.Muller, who has also created a parody video of LINKIN PARK, among many other short videos, has performed at comedy venues all over the U.S.The DISTURBED video came with a disclaimer that read, "We actually like DISTURBED even more than LINKIN PARK. It's fun to poke fun of things you love."DISTURBED has been on hiatus since the fall of 2011, with Draiman introducing a new band called DEVICE in 2013. Guitarist Dan Donegan and drummer Mike Wengren also premiered a new project called FIGHT OR FLIGHT.

More...