DAVID VINCENT: I Am No Longer Working With TREY AZAGTHOTH And MORBID ANGEL

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Bassist/vocalist David Vincent of Florida death metal veterans MORBID ANGEL has released the following statement:"I had good communication with Trey [Azagthoth, MORBID ANGEL guitarist] yesterday and we agree that there are incompatibilities with regards to us working together."Trey and I have accomplished amazing things together over the past 30 years and I wish him the best with his future projects. Out of respect for the legacy of these accomplishments, I encourage MORBID ANGEL fans to not take sides, because I am not."I look forward to sharing my new endeavors with all of you in the near future. Until then, stay Morbid!"As previously reported, Azagthoth announced on June 15 that MORBID ANGEL had reunited with Steve Tucker and that they were working on material for the band's next record. Later that same day, Vincent, who rejoined MORBID ANGEL in 2004 after first parting ways with the band in 1996, issued a statement of his own claiming that he had not left the group and had not been asked to do so. Also on June 15, drummer Tim Yeung confirmed his exit from MORBID ANGEL, explaining in a statement: "There have been some lineup changes with MORBID ANGEL. Unfortunately, due to financial differences, I will not be continuing with [the band]… I wish Trey and MORBID ANGEL all the best. As for myself, I'm always up for the next opportunity life throws my way."On Thursday, June 18, Norwegian guitarist Destructhor (a.k.a. Thor Anders Myhren) announced that he had officially left MORBID ANGEL "due to issues of them wanting to work with someone more local." He added that this was "actually pretty good news to me, since I personally decided to leave MORBID ANGEL after the last tour we did in Europe in November/December 2014. It is definitely time for me to move on with the Norwegian extreme act MYRKSKOG. This is where I truly belong and exciting things are happening!"MORBID ANGEL's controversial 2011 album, "Illud Divinum Insanus", which incorporated industrial and electronic elements into the band's traditional death metal sound, marked the group's first CD to feature Vincent since 1995's "Domination".

More...