DAVID WAYNE's Former Band REVEREND Returns With New Lineup

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
REVEREND, the band which once featured the late frontman David Wayne (ex-METAL CHURCH), has been reactivated with a brand new lineup, featuring Bill Rhynes on guitar, Bobby "Leatherlungs" Lucas (MORBID SIN, SEVEN WITCHES, OVERLORDE, ATTACKER) on vocals, Joe Moore (D.T.A., BLOODFEAST) on drums and Allan Johnson (EXCITER) on bass. After losing Wayne to complications from an auto accident in 2005, REVEREND carried on in living tribute for several years until another tragic loss seemed to end the former METAL CHURCH singer's group for good. Enter some previously unreleased demos from 1993-2000 with an entire album's worth of material along with Rhynes who wrote and recorded these tracks with Dave on multitrack equipment all those years ago. Needless to say, time has not been kind to the cassette tapes that the music has been resting on for more than 20 years, but the desire to give these songs a new life has brought together the aforementioned musicians, who are recreating the original tracks penned by Wayne and Rhynes for future release. "It's no secret that Dave left behind some pretty big shoes to fill, and I think people will be pleased with what Bobby does with Dave's words," says Rhynes. "It gives me the chills sometimes when I am working on the tracks with him. It's almost like being onstage or in the rehearsal hall with David all over again. I am confident Dave would give his blessing."

Continue reading...