daylight dies

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
i'm just driving all the way up to san antonio..mostly for daylight dies..and i havent readed anything about their shows yet...i know this is the kata forum but daylight's forum is most likely dead...i would like to read your opinion about their past shows ...thanx

they really are gods of the doom genre.....and their shows are flawless.....with the exception of the sound which of course has nothing to do with them at all.....no soundchecks for Katatonia or daylight dies......all stuff from their new CD.....vocals are intense and massive.....great guys.....I actually hung out with charlie for a bit.....he is one cool ass mofo......he went to dinner with us.....
very professional......

Daylight Dies was damn good. Their sound was massive and the playing flawless. My first two thoughts upon them starting their set were 'holy shit even the cd production(as good as it is) doesn't do them justice', and secondly, 'I'd hate to have to follow these guys'. You will not be dissapointed :kickass:

DD were fuckin' excellent at three shows I saw them at. I had only heard them a few times before this weekend, and was watching them quite objectively, as I'm not really big on doom- And I was REALLY impressed.
DSCF6537.jpg

Deliverance6 said:
......he went to dinner with us.....
very professional......
That's pretty damn professional indeed! jk ;)

Anyway, I have already posted this a few times before, but I saw them in March 2003, supporting Katatonia in Utrecht, the old line-up with Guthrie and an additional session guitarplayer, they only played half an hour, but it still stands as one of THE most intense half hours of my life. I was walking back from taking a piss and I heard the intro ("The Line That Divides") start as I walked into the hall again, from then on I was bewitched. My body was just one big tornado of emotions, I banged my head like me life depended on it, inside me it was a turmoil of blood and adrenaline.. outside tears and sweat.

The songs were reproduced in such am intense way... Pff, I still get goosebumps thinking about it.. Very little memory remains of the Katatonia gig later that night..

I got to the show in the middle of their set, but REALLY enjoyed the few songs of theirs I heard. Reminded me of Novembers Doom at times.
I definitely plan on getting some of their stuff sometime soon.

I wish I could see Daylight Dies too...the new record is åsome and having seen them together with the Kats and moonspell is tripple the pleasure...

I wish more cool bands would come to the holy land:cry: