Days of The New

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
Anyone else like this band at all? For some odd reason I'm hooked on them and they're my first choice whenever I want something non-metal. I think all three of their albums were very solid. Especially the self titled orange debut. The acoustic melodies they create and song structure really hit hard for me..anyone else?

Honestly I have only heard one song from them, but I really like it! Isn't that group Tantric the old Days of the New band that got fired? Either way, I like them too.

Originally posted by NAD
Honestly I have only heard one song from them, but I really like it! Isn't that group Tantric the old Days of the New band that got fired? Either way, I like them too.

Travis Meeks pretty much is Days of the New he did most of the work on the second album..guitars,bass,drums etc..The guys in Tantric were all members on the first Days of the New album but for some odd reason there was some extreme disagreements and Meeks fired all of them and pretty much did everything himself on the second album..on the third he had a new group of people lined up I believe..either way..I like all three of the albums a great deal..

I loved the first album,the idea of an all acoustic album in an age of cookie cutter rock seemed to appeal to me.

They lost me completely with that second album.Havent heard the third one.If its anything like the second,I wont bother.

Originally posted by Loco Bahamut
I loved the first album,the idea of an all acoustic album in an age of cookie cutter rock seemed to appeal to me.

They lost me completely with that second album.Havent heard the third one.If its anything like the second,I wont bother.

Yes, I do agree the second one is very much different. I like it though. They did however, go a more back into their roots in the third one. I suggest you check it out. It's not all completely acoustic either..90% is acoustic and there's a bit of electric in there too.

I like Days of the New a lot. The first album is just great. I thought it was cool how they did an acoustic album but it didn't always have that mellow or soft sound, like an unplugged version or something.

Originally posted by loudsilence
I like Days of the New a lot. The first album is just great. I thought it was cool how they did an acoustic album but it didn't always have that mellow or soft sound, like an unplugged version or something.

My thoughts exactly, although it is all acoustic and melodic it is probably one of the most pissed off records I own..

Originally posted by SoulVomitor
:puke:

Seeing as you have Slayers worst album to date quoted in your profile and blatantly kiss the ass of Suffocation like there is no tomorrow just like the majority of mindless fucks who listen to them you have no fucking room to speak about anything music-wise. So please, spare people with an open mind your worthless and please take yourself out of the gene pool, that is, if you could even score anyway.

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
Seeing as you have Slayers worst album to date quoted in your profile and blatantly kiss the ass of Suffocation like there is no tomorrow just like the majority of mindless fucks who listen to them you have no fucking room to speak about anything music-wise. So please, spare people with an open mind your worthless and please take yourself out of the gene pool, that is, if you could even score anyway.

worthless OPINION*...

Travis Meeks (Days of the New) will be on UNN tonight!

If you have any questions for Travis Meeks please bring them as we interview Travis on Uncensored Net Noise at http://morningshowcentral.com at 9pm. 4/25/08.

Uncensored Net Noise is a comedy/news show and has hosted over a hundred interviews with rockstars, actors, comedians etc.. Hope to see you there. I will be there!! Meet us in the Live Video/Audio chatroom at 8pm and we will ask all your questions, no matter how strange they are.

Dom