Dean Dime D100

blackcom

Oct 5, 2003
-THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WEATHER DIMEs ORIGINAL TONE SUCKED OR NOT.
-THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WEATHER DEAN TAKES ADVANTAGE OF DIME OR NOT.

Anyone actually tried this amp. With or without a TS?
Does it sound tight or muddy like for example the Krankenstein.

Any skilled players out there who made some clips?
Would be nice to have a FET flavoured amp in the arsenal. I only have tube amps at this point.

DEAN really are a bunch of scumbags. Friend of mine works there, doing last-bit assemblies and checklist shit. He says they're nothing but scammers/rip-off artists.
And yeah, it's fairly obvious Dean is milking Dime's memory and Rita's good nature for every bloody-red cent they can get their hands on. I wouldn't buy one of those ML's anyway. They don't stay in tune and they feel cheap, like plastic.
I scored a Washburn "Dime 333" from a friend and it's a nice solid axe. And Washburn gave Dime a deal when Dean wouldn't.

Oh, and leave his tone alone. The man is dead for fuck's sake. Far as I'm concerned, it suited the times, with Grunge, etc. starting to crop up. His tone was a statement more than anything. Pantera was shaking their fist at the new breeds in the top 20, and saying "Metal will not go quietly, mother fuckers!" Plus, I never question anything Terry Date produced, ever.

Randall RG100 reincarnation?

would like to try it because I have heard the same thing, but those were just rumours.
And everytime I hear the Randall RG100 I am not only thinking of Dime's tone, I also get
reminded of Crowbar (yeah, I know, with a Boss HM2 or something like that) but it would
be awesome to get a sound like that from an amp that cheap.
Especially due to the fact that I am going to start a hardcore/sludge project this year :D